Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
List for me anyone who you believe is "conservative" who has taken a position against "clean air". "clean water", and who has stated that no one should have access to "healthcare".

Sheesh!
Terms like entitlement reform, tax reform and deregulation are code words, you know it and try not to act so dumb. Repeal of Obamacare that the conservatives have been clamoring is based on what?
Old 07-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Lest ye forget it was a Republican that gave us the EPA....but you didn't really address my question.
IIRC the EPA was a Democratic legislative initiative that was passed by a veto proof Congress, but thanks for another alt fact.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:03 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
IIRC the EPA was a Democratic legislative initiative that was passed by a veto proof Congress, but thanks for another alt fact.
Ayup. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...tection_Agency
Old 07-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Seems to me, Gorsuch should recuse himself from any EPA case or EPA related case that comes before the Supreme Court.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Terms like entitlement reform, tax reform and deregulation are code words, you know it and try not to act so dumb. Repeal of Obamacare that the conservatives have been clamoring is based on what?
Doesn't answer my question.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
You don't recall correctly, so the "alt-facts" are yours...unless of course you're suggesting the EPA is a source of alt-facts.

https://archive.epa.gov/epa/aboutepa...igins-epa.html
Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
You don't recall correctly, so the "alt-facts" are yours...unless of course you're suggesting the EPA is a source of alt-facts.

Once again you prove to this forum that you don't understand how gubmint actually works.

From your link -

"Forging such an institution actually represented the final step in a quick march towards national environmental consciousness. Congress recognized the potency of the issue in late 1969 by passing the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). This statute recast the government's role: formerly the conservator of wilderness, it now became the protector of earth, air, land, and water. The law declared Congressional intent to "create and maintain conditions under which man and nature can exist in productive harmony," and to "assure for all Americans safe, healthful, productive, esthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings." Henceforth, all federal agencies planning projects bearing on the environment were compelled to submit reports accounting for the likely consequences--the now famous Environmental Impact Statements (EISs).
Secondly, NEPA directed the President to assemble in his Cabinet a Council on Environmental Quality." Bolding added

Tricky Dick was just following orders from congress, Mike.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:

Actually, the article points out that it was a Democratic initiative which the President supported with some good modifications. Nixon was a moderate Republican whose political views would be anethama to the party today, which shows the fallacy of your original point.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
People in Britain see the use of a system like this on the face of a residential tower as prima face evidence of a morally-bankrupt government that does not have the public welfare even on the radar. They are right.

Can't call it American Fascism, but it's the same thing as you mean, isn't it Nailer?

(New York Times illustration)
I think so and am pretty sure Orwell would agree.

Last edited by nailer; 07-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
It is a conundrum--the health care that the American thinks he is entitled to is too expensive to be delivered.

Here health care professionals are reasonably paid, the equipment is very modern and treatment of patients to prevent lawsuit is required to be super cautious and almost immediate to prevent lawsuits.

Compare to Britain.
Salary of professionals, modernity of equipment, early and comprehensive care, cost and frequency of litigation.
Sure Dondi everything here is marvelous - my wife is still dead.