Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Area Man

Creation Museum...Hey Finn, wanna go?

Every bit as silly a Bibleland, I'm sure. Looks like they're having trouble raising funds. The Faith based Initiative Fund should have some of my tax money to give to these nippleheads......Right?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170347907.html

Interesting to note the naked guy has his arm around a sheep. What kind of message does THAT send?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-06-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Every bit as silly a Bibleland, I'm sure. looks like they're having trouble raising funds. The Faith based Initiative Fund should have some of my tax money to give to these nippleheads......Right?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170347907.html

Dave
Before we go, you'd have to assure me that you have the full arsenal of drugs consumed by Hunter Thompson and his 300# Samoan Attorney in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM

All of a piece with this gem.

If this keeps up, and I see no reason that it won't, we'll have raised a generation of children totally unprepared to compete in the real world.

John
Old 07-06-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
All of a piece with this gem.

If this keeps up, and I see no reason that it won't, we'll have raised a generation of children totally unprepared to compete in the real world.

John
We just may already be close to that point. Aren't these private schools promoting the creationism? On the opposite side, we have the educational industry, teacher's unions, and asssorted political groups all attempting to get their pet interests in the school systems. The myriad of subjects has done much to undermine education to the extent that our colleges are forced to teach remedial english and math to an ever increasing number of inbound freshman. Do we really need all the variety of subjects at the secondary level or would it be better to focus on English, mathematics, history, literature, and logic? I, of course, point an extended finger toward the expansion of social science programs in our schools usurping dollars and time from more worthy studies, or rather, from studies that are more useful for maintaining one's knowledge.

Creationism ought be kept out of our science classes precisely because matters of faith are not subject to the scientific method; and that, the method itself encompasses the entire meaning and concomitant effectiveness of science as a discipline.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
We just may already be close to that point. Aren't these private schools promoting the creationism? On the opposite side, we have the educational industry, teacher's unions, and asssorted political groups all attempting to get their pet interests in the school systems. The myriad of subjects has done much to undermine education to the extent that our colleges are forced to teach remedial english and math to an ever increasing number of inbound freshman. Do we really need all the variety of subjects at the secondary level or would it be better to focus on English, mathematics, history, literature, and logic? I, of course, point an extended finger toward the expansion of social science programs in our schools usurping dollars and time from more worthy studies, or rather, from studies that are more useful for maintaining one's knowledge.

Creationism ought be kept out of our science classes precisely because matters of faith are not subject to the scientific method; and that, the method itself encompasses the entire meaning and concomitant effectiveness of science as a discipline.
The rub is that the very same people whom you hope will streamline the public education system are the ones who want to fill it up with; "matters of faith (that) are not subject to scientific method"...........

They simply want to trade one form of BS for another.

Or, hadn't you noticed that?

Dave
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM

May I add just a pinch of Civics to the list of subjects we seem to be lacking in our schools? It seems that fully one-third of all native born U.S. citizens couldn't pass the naturalization test and 60% on the test is a passing grade.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Scientific method? Have you listened to the biologists lately? Blind faith. Teach kids discernment.

beej I agree, look at the lack of understanding of our basic system of government over the last few issues.

Pete
Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Area Man

No, some of us want to just teach them to dismiss modern science as "sorcery" and keep the kiddies focused on what they are teaching as the singular truth.

Oh, we understand what you were saying, Pete.............We just don't think it works very well. This is why the federal government has had to step in and assert it's will on certain states on occasion, through our history.

By the way, what is that naked guy doing with his arm around the sheep? Pervert! Must be Biblical evidence that acceptance of gay marriages leads to bestiality?

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-06-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Have you listened to the biologists lately? Blind faith.
Can you offer any examples?

John
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It reminds me of the old Russian scientist - 'Theory nothing (bah!). Prediction everything!'

The hard science guys know what I'm talking about.

Pete