Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Yawn. Look at you, all puffed up.
Yawn. Another inconsequential post from you.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yawn. Another inconsequential post from you.
Awwww, you're too sweet.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 PM

How about Obama calling Libya a "shit show"? Was that cool?
And I remember dem groups doing tv ads with little kids saying "fuck" over and over. All good with that, eh?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Trump just denied his ‘shithole’ comment. In the process, he confirmed the worst.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...med-the-worst/

In light of Trump’s apparent claim that he wants to prioritize people from countries such as Norway, the uglier white nationalist cast of all of this is inescapable. Trump’s fellow travelers have gone to great lengths to obscure this basic reality. In a now-infamous exchange, CNN’s Jim Acosta asked White House immigration hard-liner Stephen Miller whether Trump’s policies are designed “to engineer the racial and ethnic flow of people into this country.” Miller reacted with outrage and repeatedly cast the goal as reducing the mere numbers of immigrants — ostensibly to protect U.S. workers from competition — which he said was in keeping with previous periods of lower immigration.

It is very hard to disentangle the goal of reducing the overall numbers of immigrant arrivals from the goal of shifting our current ethnic and racial mix. But Trump has now left little to no doubt that the real animating impulse is the latter.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:15 PM

Whell and his hero Donny would surely have hated early Norwegian immigrants here, due to their social activism. Buncha lefties! Joe Hill!

The Scandinavian tradition of collective action also led many immigrants to take active roles in American social reform movements. From the 1840s on, Scandinavian immigrants were well represented in the movement for the abolition of slavery, and with the onset of the Civil War volunteered in great numbers to fight, overwhelmingly for the Union.

Many Union companies consisted entirely of Scandinavians, and one company, from the tiny Bishop Hill community in Illinois, was made up solely of Swedes. At the turn of the century, the writer and Danish immigrant Jacob Riis led a journalistic crusade to expose the horrific living conditions endured by the inhabitants of America's urban slums, which included many new immigrants. Riis' book How the Other Half Lives, a classic of muckracking literature, brought about a great wave of protest and led to major housing reform in the U.S.

Many Scandinavians also took an active role in the burgeoning U.S. labor movement. Swedish, Norwegian, and Finnish miners and loggers participated in strikes throughout the Great Lakes states and the mountain West, sometimes as members of the radical Industrial Workers of the World union, also known as the Wobblies. The Swedish immigrant Joe Hill, born Joel Hägglund, was a prominent IWW member and wrote many of the union's rallying songs. After Hill was executed for murder in 1914, under what his sympathizers claimed were false pretenses, he became the subject of folk songs himself.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
How about Obama calling Libya a "shit show"? Was that cool?
And I remember dem groups doing tv ads with little kids saying "fuck" over and over. All good with that, eh?
This comment was directed at David Cameron and this was on record, unlike Donnie Dotard lying about his. He should have a said a shit hole like George Bush left Iraq, another shit show of gargantuan proportions and all he got back was a pair of shoes thrown at him.

Quote:
Barack Obama has sharply criticised David Cameron for the UK’s role in allowing Libya to become a “shit show” after the fall of the dictator Muammar Gaddafi, in an unprecedented attack on a British leader by a serving US President.

Mr Obama said that following a successful military intervention to aid rebels during the 2011 Arab Spring revolt, Libya was left to spiral out of control – due largely to the inaction of America’s European allies.

In a candid US magazine interview, Mr Obama said: “When I go back and I ask myself what went wrong… there’s room for criticism, because I had more faith in the Europeans, given Libya’s proximity, being invested in the follow-up.”

'Distracted' Cameron helped turn Libya into a mess, Barack Obama says
Singling out the British Prime Minister, he suggested that Mr Cameron had taken his eye off Libya after being “distracted by a range of other things”.

Mr Cameron and Nicolas Sarkozy, then the French President, pushed hard for the bombing raids on Colonel Gaddafi’s forces that led to his fall, but since 2011 Libya has sunk further into violence and civil war, and latterly has become a focal point for Isis in North Africa.

Mr Obama went on: “We actually executed this plan as well as I could have expected: We got a UN mandate, we built a coalition, it cost us $1bn – which, when it comes to military operations, is very cheap. We averted large-scale civilian casualties, we prevented what almost surely would have been a prolonged and bloody civil conflict. And despite all that, Libya is a mess.”
PS: I am watching Daily Caller for your next serve (with no volley).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6923976.html
Old 01-12-2018, 04:54 PM

That's right- it's on the record that Obama spouted racist crap, while the allegation against Trump comes from one known serial liar, with no one else in attendance backing him up.

Last edited by Wasillaguy; 01-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:01 PM

Naturally, Donny’s racist remarks were wildly popular among the neo-nazis.

https://thinkprogress.org/trumps-shi...-6ed336373ddf/
Old 01-12-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
That's right- it's on the record that Obama spouted racist crap, while the allegation against Trump comes from one known serial liar, with no one else in attendance backing him up.
You’re about as bright as Zero.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:43 PM

You have some of these countries where sixth grade is the average adult education.

But, that has nothing to do with it. Just race.