Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:17 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

This side and that side.

It's getting so the pendulum is swinging so far in both directions in this forum that I can hardly see either end. Anybody else feel this way?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Apparently not!

It's the election John, I think it riles the 8 people who really care about it up a little

And you know our arguments are going to save the world!

Maybe we can take deep breaths Thanks for being a gentleman and reminding us to be the same. My apologies to anyone I manage to offend with my often illfated attempts at humour.

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
It's getting so the pendulum is swinging so far in both directions in this forum that I can hardly see either end. Anybody else feel this way?
Probably going to get worse before ir gets better. (:
Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Apparently not!

It's the election John, I think it riles the 8 people who really care about it up a little

And you know our arguments are going to save the world!

Maybe we can take deep breaths Thanks for being a gentleman and reminding us to be the same. My apologies to anyone I manage to offend with my often illfated attempts at humour.

Pete
I'm not so sure about the gentleman part.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Loyal Opposition

John, it's a constant struggle for me. On one hand, spirited debate is healthy, and I can't resist a zinger when I can get one in. On the other hand, spirited debate need not include personal insults. I try to remind myself that we are not enemies here, and we should all remind ourselves of that. But on the other foot, I think my friends can handle any zingers that I can fire. And on the other foot, I'm wearing New Balance.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM

We woudl be bored if didn't have something to piss and moan over.

A man can only visualize whirled peas for so long, then he needs MEAT!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM

And for the nitpickers, I don't know what a woudl is.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
John, it's a constant struggle for me. On one hand, spirited debate is healthy, and I can't resist a zinger when I can get one in. On the other hand, spirited debate need not include personal insults. I try to remind myself that we are not enemies here, and we should all remind ourselves of that. But on the other foot, I think my friends can handle any zingers that I can fire. And on the other foot, I'm wearing New Balance.

Regards,

D-Ray
I wish I still believed that but I see the Right adopting the belief in and tactics of politics as total war, where the only thing that matters is winning and how you do it is irrelevant. Gingrich was the father of this. Romney and especially Ryan are his children.

John
Old 09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post

Regards,

D-Ray
New Balance is the devil!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
And for the nitpickers, I don't know what a woudl is.
LOL!

Pete
Old 09-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I wish I still believed that but I see the Right adopting the belief in and tactics of politics as total war, where the only thing that matters is winning and how you do it is irrelevant. Gingrich was the father of this. Romney and especially Ryan are his children.

John
I see insults hurled from both sides of the spectrum here. And the insults beget more insults. There are times when I wonder whether I should resign, because I don't like censorship, but I don't like seeing what is happening here. Maybe it is par for the course in the political climate that we live in, but that does not mean we are bound to accept it. How about our own grass roots movement for civility in political discourse.

I would like to propose a cease-fire here, for one day to begin with, and then another. I'm not talking about a cease fire regarding opinions, but about personal attacks on other posters. Attack their opinions, their sources, their logic, or their shoes. But do we really gain anything with name-calling?

Regards,

D-Ray