Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Here's the deal - a marriage is an event between a man and a woman. Sex takes place in a marriage, otherwise it's adultery.

WE can call call a rose a daisy if we wish, but it doesn't make it so.

Pete
Between man and woman, man and man or woman and woman to me is a matter of nature (natural) not nurture. It's not learned, it's the way the people are. My thoughts are that as long as all those involved treat each other fairly and with respect, (ideally with love) I have no problem with who they choose to be with. "Sex takes place in a marriage, otherwise it's adultery." The common definition of adultery is the betrayal in marriage of one party by another. Are you saying sex before marriage is also adultery?

Sorry Peace-itpete, the above was partly covered in your previous post.
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart.” Does this come from the old testament or the new? These books are so contradictory, the only way people can believe in both is treat them as a grab bag. "Turn the other cheek" or "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"? You pays your money and takes your choice.

Last edited by Combwork; 05-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Now.

Then (no mention of marriage):

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart.”

Pete
I do this constantly. Every day I see women that fill my head with filthy thoughts and lusty notions. I have also noticed that other guys seem to do the same. I recall watching a show on the Health Channel (Remember that?) that explored the physical* and psychological aspects of sex. Part of the research revealed that in the presence of "child bearing aged" females, the heterosexual male averages one sex related thought every thirteen seconds.

In short, Pete. If there is truth to your quoted Bible passage-----We're all going to hell. Every guy on the planet.......

We're wired to procreate as often as possible. That's just how it is. Maybe you're different? I dunno.

(*As it relates to the bodies reaction to sexual stimuli; Rise in body temperature, heart rate, breathing, sweating, release of endorphines and adrenaline, etc., etc.)

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-12-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I do this constantly. Every day I see women that fill my head with filthy thoughts and lusty notions. I have also noticed that other guys seem to do the same. I recall watching a show on the Health Channel (Remember that?) that explored the physical* and psychological aspects of sex. Part of the research revealed that in the presence of "child bearing aged" females, the heterosexual male averages one sex related thought every thirteen seconds.

In short, Pete. If there is truth to your quoted Bible passage-----We're all going to hell. Every guy on the planet.......

We're wired to procreate as often as possible. That's just how it is. Maybe you're different? I dunno.

(*As it relates to the bodies reaction to sexual stimuli; Rise in body temperature, heart rate, breathing, sweating, release of endorphines and adrenaline, etc., etc.)

Dave
Also a tendency to stutter and talk gibberish. Guess I'm in the right place then................

Jim.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Dave
Hell, if Jimmy Carter "lusted in his heart," it can't be all that dirty. BTW, I only do so if I'm awake or sleeping.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:

"All men are pigs... all of them... every one!"

Neal Boortz

Old 05-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
"All men are pigs... all of them... every one!"

Neal Boortz

One thing's for sure. Neal Boortz is a pig.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
One thing's for sure. Neal Boortz is a pig.
You got THAT right. I can only take that SOB for about 3 seconds. Holy Cow, what an asshole.........

Dave
Old 05-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
... Does this come from the old testament or the new? These books are so contradictory, the only way people can believe in both is treat them as a grab bag. "Turn the other cheek" or "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"? You pays your money and takes your choice.
New. Jesus fulfilled Old Testament prophesy, and we now have a 'new covenant' with God.

Quote:
Lol! But it's true, all have fallen short.

I've been trying Vulcan sex lately. Beepbeepbeepbeep....

Pete
Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
New. Jesus fulfilled Old Testament prophesy, and we now have a 'new covenant' with God.
So where the New Testament contradicts the Old Testament, Christians should believe the New Testament. But which version? At one time there was the King James Bible for general use and the Bishops Bible for use in church, both published at the same time. Maybe "available" isn't the right word; as its title suggests, the Bishops Bible was strictly for use in Church and not to be read by the general public.

There's no consensus. Although Shiites and Sunnis all worship Allah and revere his prophet Mohamed, given the chance they kill each other. Although not as overt now, there's not much love between Protestants and Catholics. When Pope Benedict 16th visited the U.K. last year, he had to be given high security protection in case some religious nutcase tried to kill him.

My wife's family are devout Christians. When she was about to go to University, the minister (who lived next door) told her she should not study philosophy as it could encourage her to "question things"..........................
Old 05-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Boy, she better not read the Bible then

I read multiple translations when I'm interested in a particular verse. Like tracking down root meanings of words, it gives you a better understanding.

Catholics, not too bad. Those Methodists and Episcopalians though... lol.

Pete