Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Being ever the optimist, I have to look forward to the midterms. Traditionally, the midterms have been bad for the party holding the presidency. Those folks who wanted someone to look out for ordinary people will see how silly an idea it was to entrust that job to a Billionaire con man. They will also hopefully realize that the incumbents in congress aren't going to look out for them either. And then, the stench of a Trump administration will waft down to the state houses and legislatures, and we will get some majorities in the states willing and able to fix the tortured boundaries on the congressional districts.

And TJ, lets hope there is at least some merit to your theory, and that we live long enough to see a progressive majority.

In the meantime, I will work on things from a micro rather than a macro level. I will work my ass off to obtain relief for working people on a case by case basis.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:55 PM

I'm reminded of the "Morning in America" moment with Reagan, only the "sunrise" is an atomic blast.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 11-09-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:39 PM

The shock must be wearing off some. Not stunned as bad as this morning.
Still don't like it but until he actually does something I disagree with willing to wait and see. Just hope the market recovers now just a knee jerk reaction. If not this might be the first of the many negatives from a Trump in the oval office.

Barney
Old 11-09-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Being ever the optimist, I have to look forward to the midterms. Traditionally, the midterms have been bad for the party holding the presidency. Those folks who wanted someone to look out for ordinary people will see how silly an idea it was to entrust that job to a Billionaire con man. They will also hopefully realize that the incumbents in congress aren't going to look out for them either. And then, the stench of a Trump administration will waft down to the state houses and legislatures, and we will get some majorities in the states willing and able to fix the tortured boundaries on the congressional districts.

And TJ, lets hope there is at least some merit to your theory, and that we live long enough to see a progressive majority.

In the meantime, I will work on things from a micro rather than a macro level. I will work my ass off to obtain relief for working people on a case by case basis.

I think it is more than likely that the cluster fuck that has been happening in this country for the last several years will have become more apparent.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Oh hell. If you think the repubs last 8 years was obstructionist, you ain't seen nothing yet. I have no doubt the Dems won't even wait until January 20 to start raising hell.
I fucking hope you're right. Paybacks are hell.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I fucking hope you're right. Paybacks are hell.
Which brings us to what got us to this point in the first place.

Last edited by nailer; 11-09-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:03 PM

In addition to shock from a Drumph election comes the fear of who the next SCOTUS judge to be picked will be. Not to mention the D-bag walks in with a mandate. Have I mentioned my spouse still has her Canadian citizenship.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:52 PM

It's our fault, he is the President we deserve.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b044f827a795c6

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
It's our fault, he is the President we deserve.
That parts right.

QUOTE=Pio1980;336993]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b044f827a795c6[/QUOTE]

And that part is all wrong.

Until the Democrats realize that they need to kick their wealthy donors to the curb and start working for the people they are supposed to represent, they will continue to lose.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Until the Democrats realize that they need to kick their wealthy donors to the curb and start working for the people they are supposed to represent, they will continue to lose.
Yep. Working class Americans have seen stagnant wages for 17 years. The Democrats seem to be more concerned with how they can capture the votes of all the minorities of whatever persuasion and they seem to have forgotten about everybody else.