Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Banned

MP3 player help

Hi...I'm looking for some help with the issue of music library file tagging...either help here or maybe somebody knows of a discussion over on Audiokarma that might provide me with what I'm looking for.

I'm not interested in fucking around with iTunes anymore. It's a pain in the ass...not only the process of getting a piece of music from a computer file onto an iPod, but the whole issue of Apple upgrade demands and incompatibilities between older devices and current IOS requirements. And behind all of this I'm not over the fact that the only reason there's really an iTunes at all is to sell shit to me that I don't want. So I'm done with it.

So I'm just looking for a simple MP3 player for the thousands of MP3 files I have. I tried using an old android smartphone, loaded up a micro SD with a bunch of music...and half of it ends up categorized as "unknown" because of missing tags. This has happened even with files ripped from original manufactured CD's...don't know why. Most of the tagging software I've found sucks and won't do bulk tagging...and when it does, much of the music is categorized into "best of" albums or other compilations, not the original album releases. So that sucks. I also went out and bought a SanDisk Clip Sport player with a micro SD slot...same "unknown" BS.

So I have this 2015 Audi A4 with the media SD slots. And guess what...I stuff an SD card into it, and everything on the goddamn card is listed, organized by artist/album and plays fine. It's an MP3 player that reads the information right off the computer generated files and doesn't require tags.

There's gotta be a retail MP3 player on the market where I can just stick my micro SD card into it and it's all there, ready to go?

Does anybody have any information or know of any info available over on AK? Thanks, much obliged to anybody who can help.

Sorry this was so long.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 04-23-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:06 AM

I have two portable players, an FiiO X5 ($$) and a cheap AGPTEK from Amazon.
Have not used the AGPTEK much but have been using the FiiO for a long time.
They both play FLAC (all my CD's are ripped into FLAC which is CD quality) and other lower resolution formats including MP3 or MP4. There are other players in the market, but these two I can vouch for but vastly prefer the FiiO. You can pick up a used FiiO X3 for around $100 which is the route I would take.

PM me if you wish since I too have an Audi (2017) and have been using digital audio for quite some time.