Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Are you suggesting that such occurances should be taken into account? Those jets were bare airborne, fueld fo a trans-continental flight. All of the fuel was now in the buildings and burning. Want to take a guess at the ambient temperatures.

As for the Italian's documentary, it so happens that I knew and worked with a lot of the NIST people and came away impressed, and I don't impress too easily.
DVD 2 around minute 56. Even NIST is forced to admit that their report doesn't stand up by the lead investigator.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Sounds like bullshit to me and I have 2 structural engineering degrees.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I saw that too. And the explanation about the girder cleats made sense.
I thought it was pretty good. It was horrific. Thinking about it still makes me angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Are you suggesting that such occurances should be taken into account? Those jets were bare airborne, fueld fo a trans-continental flight. All of the fuel was now in the buildings and burning. Want to take a guess at the ambient temperatures.

As for the Italian's documentary, it so happens that I knew and worked with a lot of the NIST people and came away impressed, and I don't impress too easily.
In the doc or interview me and Dave saw they also said that if the main stairwell had concrete walls instead of the drywall ones in the WTC they probably would've been able to evacuate the upper floors. New skyscrapers had already gone to concrete walls.

Otherwise I agree with you Rob. They could make building them so expensive it'd be crazy. You should take a look at that link, it's pretty interesting.

Pete
Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Sounds like bullshit to me and I have 2 structural engineering degrees.
Then you would enjoy watching it I think. I must admit some of the technicals were hard for me to follow. I watched it about 6 months ago and there were only 1300 A &E's who had joined norw it looks like their sight is showing over 2000 professionals have joined.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:42 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Then you would enjoy watching it I think. I must admit some of the technicals were hard for me to follow.
I already understand how it is indeed possible for the collapse to have occurred. I don't need any half-baked conspiracy theories.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I thought it was pretty good. It was horrific. Thinking about it still makes me angry.

In the doc or interview me and Dave saw they also said that if the main stairwell had concrete walls instead of the drywall ones in the WTC they probably would've been able to evacuate the upper floors. New skyscrapers had already gone to concrete walls.

Otherwise I agree with you Rob. They could make building them so expensive it'd be crazy. You should take a look at that link, it's pretty interesting.

Pete
Trying to think of buildings I have worked in. Seems to me that they all had concrete stairwells if I recall the fastening of the handrails. Of course none of them were skyscrapers. We used to do fire evacuation drills, you get to see a lot of the stairwells that way. I recall being a fire warden in a ten story building and one day there was discussion about getting the upper floors out in time. I simply suggested 'well lets start the first and sixth together then the second and seventh and so on'. Since I worked on the tenth I had inspiration because the fire warden is last man to leave the floor.

Then again ever see concrete burn? I have.

Last edited by merrylander; 02-25-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I already understand how it is indeed possible for the collapse to have occurred. I don't need any half-baked conspiracy theories.
I hate to keep repeating myself but there is no theory presented just proof that what the NIST has reported is impossible. Feel free to watch it or don't. I posted it strictly for those who like to see a well produced documentary that completely disproves what they have been fooled into believing.
It really doesn't make any difference to me one way or the other.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Admin

Quote:
Hell, I'm just a nailpounding construction puke and it was obvious to me. Pour jet fuel all over structural steel after blowing off the fireproofing and it turns to taffy.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:09 PM

There are still some things that seem odd to me. 1 being why did the pictures of the lobby taken before it fell show that it had suffered a blast of some sort and another is how were the people on flight 93 make 9 cell phone calls prior to crashing in a plane that was estimated going 400-500 miles an hour stay connected for between 30 and 50 some minutes bouncing from one tower to the next without being dropped in 2001. Hell last trip I took I couldn't even get a connection on my cell phone.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM

They tried to explain the lobby by saying the jet fuel went down the elevator shafts but if you look at the diagram of the elevator system that is highly unlikely since the building had 3 separate elevator systems like as if 3 buildings were stacked one on top of the other.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/eng...tural/wtc2.htm

Last edited by Samm; 02-25-2014 at 03:20 PM.