Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
They got good grandparents as their real parents. May they know how fortunate they are.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I was very sad. DCS got involved when she gave birth to our grandson. They wouldn't tell us ( the grandparents ) why, but they had someone sitting guard outside of her room in the hosp and wouldn't allow her door to be closed. I'm only guessing that it was because she had not went to a doctor until time to have the child for some reason and they must've been waiting for drug test results on the baby. I was mad because they wouldn't talk to me and I told them that whatever the parents had done I could assure them that their girls were not involved because they left them with me at birth and had not lived with them. They were 17 months old at that time.

DCS told me it was a sad story but there was nothing they could do to give my wife and I custody because in TN the law states that a mother can keep custody of her children even if they don't live with her As Long As she checks on them at least once every four months. They said we can raise them but our daughter will always be able to come scoop them up at any time if she decides to be a mother.

Our daughter see's they've bonded and promised us that she won't up-root them from their stable environment, which is the only one they've ever known. I watched my daughter cry when she found my video's of their first steps. She missed out on all that but it was her own fault for not being here. I love her dearly as well, but it took almost two years for her to see that she was not going to change her boyfriend, and she wasn't going to get him to live as a family with their three kids. She's always worked and still does, but all her money went to him and his drug habbits living from one friends house to another.. where she lived as well. I'm glad she finally learned, she's home here with her kids two days a week now. She leaves for work at 5:30am and works until 9:45 pm and gets home around 10:30 so the kids are in bed when she leaves and they are in bed when she gets home. She see's them on her two days off, but mostly stays out of the way being the kids cling to me. Still sad, it'll take some time but she realizes my wife and I will always be their security.

Last edited by hillbilly; 05-06-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Good for you, hillbilly!
Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM

Hillbilly..... I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

My Wife and I have enjoyed Doc Martin, a British sitcom about a surgeon who becomes a GP because he can't stand the sight of blood. Of course, he makes all sorts of miraculous diagnoses and life saving decisions.

But the real miracle worker in the show is the town's jack of all trades, Bert. He has managed to get whiskey to come directly out of the still looking and tasting like it has spent ten years in an oak barrel. This is just one of those details that makes me think that the writers are ignorant, or expect an ignorant audience. Anyone who cares about whiskey is going to know that Bert can't just fire up the still to fill an order for five cases of whiskey.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:17 PM

Love Doc Martin. The Durrells In Corfu is also terrific.

On Amazon Prime, check out Bosch. Season 4 can't come soon enough!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:46 PM

Wife is a Morning Joe fan so I get to listen. But generally it is in the background while listening to NRP drinking coffee and surfing the net most mornings.
Pretty much NPR throughout the day.
Wife and I watch the evening news on NBC and eat supper.

We watch some shows together. Outlander Masterpiece GOT to name of few. Reluctantly I will sit once in awhile thru one her shows on Bravo till she wakes me up.

But for myself I like Ray Donovan Shameless and old black and white movies on TCM Starz Encore Western Channel.

Barney
Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Banned

We recently finished watching the first two seasons of "Fortutude" on DVD. Remarkably entertaining considering how disturbing the whole thing is.

And it appears there will be a season 3 that will be produced and aired in 2018.

Not happy that WGN cancelled "The Outsiders" after two great seasons.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:37 AM

We've been binge watching Outlander on Blu Ray, courtesy of friends.

Last edited by Pio1980; 11-21-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
We've been binge watching Outlander on Blu Ray courtesy of friends.
Great show!

Barney