Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
that is the whole point brother
Well, if that's the case, it's way too easy. I'm not gonna say that I'm not at fault to some point but it would be nice to see a little more civility in debate and less name calling.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 AM

This is the free market place of ideas being brandished in the open arena of public discourse...I do not think we call people names too much over here....you can call me a pinko commie liberal I do not mind lol
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
This is the free market place of ideas being brandished in the open arena of public discourse...I do not think we call people names too much over here....you can call me a pinko commie liberal I do not mind lol
Name calling isn't frequent here? I've been here for a whopping total of 3 days and have seen more name calling than I've seen on other political forums in an entire year of posting. I cannot even begin to tell you how immature some folks here are presenting themselves to be. I'm not going to mention names- you know who you are. No ice, I do not have an agenda to label or debase you or anyone else. I think civility is lacking here, hence the articles to remind us we are all just human. Perhaps our whole political process is failing for the same reasons. People of different persuasions have seem to lost the ability to work together and find any semblance of common ground. Just look at Congress for example.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Loyal Opposition

Yeah, I would hate for this to be the type of place where people come in calling others so************************ts and cowards and questioning their patriotism.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Yeah, I would hate for this to be the type of place where people come in calling others so************************ts and cowards and questioning their patriotism.

Regards,

D-Ray
Well, not only did I admit fault there, but I openly apologized to the whole board- twice. Did it make anything stop? Hell no! It makes me wonder why I even try to reason with some of you folks. Seriously D, are you one of these guys that holds a grudge and will take any opportunity to attack me? Because it sure looks like that is the case. I thought we were all past that and here you go stirring the pot. Or is a differing point of view from the norm here just not welcome? A few of you guys have a real funny way of showing that you are open minded.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-02-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrack71 View Post
Name calling isn't frequent here? I've been here for a whopping total of 3 days and have seen more name calling than I've seen on other political forums in an entire year of posting. I cannot even begin to tell you how immature some folks here are presenting themselves to be. I'm not going to mention names- you know who you are. No ice, I do not have an agenda to label or debase you or anyone else. I think civility is lacking here, hence the articles to remind us we are all just human. Perhaps our whole political process is failing for the same reasons. People of different persuasions have seem to lost the ability to work together and find any semblance of common ground. Just look at Congress for example.
Kyle, read what you have written above and then come back and tell me you are not being insulting.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Kyle, read what you have written above and then come back and tell me you are not being insulting.
Do you want me to cite some of your quotes? Do you expect me to stand by while you e-punch me Merrylander? Why do you not accept accountability? You are one of these folks I'm referring to. I had a lot more respect for you before I started visiting this site. Or do you choose not to remember or recall?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Do you want me to cite some of your quotes? Do you expect me to stand by while you e-punch me Merrylander? Why do you not accept accountability? You are one of these folks I'm referring to. I had a lot more respect for you before I started visiting this site. Or do you choose not to remember or recall?
I think Rob's (Merrylander's) point is that your post in which you complained about name calling included some name calling on your part. I think Mr. J. H. Christ's admonition is relevant here: Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Oh, and I never eat Cheerios!

John
Old 02-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Loyal Opposition

That was my point. One's record reflects on his credibility to make particular arguments. It is not a matter of holding a grudge. It's a matter of the short passage of time between such comments and the time at which the author of said comments stands in judgment of the manner in which others communicate. It's like someone who quit smoking last week lecturing others on the dangers of the evil weed, or someone who jumped on the wagon a few days ago suddenly crusading against the demon rum. Finally, it's the presumptuousness of one who has spent a few days here having determined the character of those who preceded him.

Context is valuable.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
You completey miss the point. I write what I please and I am quite certain that what I write pisses some peple off - that is to bad. However if you can find a post of mine whining about being called names I would sure like to see it.