Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:06 PM

The thing is that Trump is wrong for America on so many levels. If he is impeached, no matter how serious the offense and disturbing the circumstances. it sets a terrible precedent, especially if the GOP goes along because they get Pence. But on another awful level it establishes the impeachment solution as a tool in itself, which would be a threat to our nation's republic. In the future an angry GOP could impeach a Democrat for some made up offense or minor infraction, like not upholding something such as a vocalized Red Line. Then we would be on the way to Italian style instability or a banana republic where elected leaders get overthrown or put on trial all the time.

Imagine the GOP impeaching Obama over the made up bullshit IRS scandal.

Trump will never be a good thing for our nation unless he somehow pulls a 180 degree turn toward normalcy and moderation. He can't; the man believes his own made up bullshit conspiracy theories.

We are in trouble.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Actually, it's gotten worse. It's now 11-10 that he'll be impeached. You're welcome.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3879527/the...to-oddsmakers/
I went to Ladbrokes and damn if I can find it. May be I can't navigate their website. Or, it is just fake news. Imagine that.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
I went to Ladbrokes and damn if I can find it. May be I can't navigate their website. Or, it is just fake news. Imagine that.
It took less time to find a link to Ladbrokes betting odds that it took to type this sentence. https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/b...als/222881036/

You can thank me latter, boyo.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
It took less time to find a link to Ladbrokes betting odds that it took to type this sentence. https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/b...als/222881036/

You can thank me latter, boyo.
I see. Really doesn't tell you much since it does not indicate whether or not anybody is actually placing a bet.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:30 AM
Ready

People placing bets are what create the odds. They are a measure of bettor expectations.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
People placing bets are what create the odds. They are a measure of bettor expectations.
That's true if anybody actually places bets. The last thing a bookie wants to do is gamble. They want the juice. So, if they get one sided they pass it on to a bigger bookie. The bigger bookies change the odds to reflect the way people are betting. But, if nobody is betting the odds can be anything.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
That's true if anybody actually places bets. The last thing a bookie wants to do is gamble. They want the juice. So, if they get one sided they pass it on to a bigger bookie. The bigger bookies change the odds to reflect the way people are betting. But, if nobody is betting the odds can be anything.
All consistent with my understanding of the betting business. Thank-you for the added information.

We do have a bit of data. Finbow's snapshot shows the odds on the impeached/resign bet to be 11/10. When I looked later they were shown as even. This would be the odds being adjusted in response to the way people are betting, would it not? So we can deduce that an active betting pool exists.

It's true we don't have data on volume of bets, and that would be crucial in assessing the strength of sentiment/knowledge they represent
Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Admin

I guess we can now add 'GoldenShowerGate' to the political lexicon.

The Intelligence community gave der Donald a briefing about the oppo research that's been floating around and here we have the Orange Twitgibbon attacking the messenger in a tweet apparently comparing them to the Gestapo.

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"

Here's the response from the outgoing CIA chief.
"Brennan didn't hold back, saying Trump has a right to challenge the intelligence community — but not in this manner.
“It’s when there are allegations made about leaking or about dishonesty or a lack of integrity, that’s where I think the line is crossed,” Brennan said.
He added: “Tell the families of those 117 CIA officers who are forever memorialized on our wall of honor that their loved ones who gave their lives were akin to Nazis. Tell the CIA officers who are serving in harm’s way right now and their families who are worried about them that they are akin to Nazi Germany. I found that to be very repugnant, and I will forever stand up for the integrity and patriotism of my officers who have done much over the years to sacrifice for their fellow citizens.”" WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8b24dbf163e0

Good for you Director Brennan.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I guess we can now add 'GoldenShowerGate' to the political lexicon.

The Intelligence community gave der Donald a briefing about the oppo research that's been floating around and here we have the Orange Twitgibbon attacking the messenger in a tweet apparently comparing them to the Gestapo.

"Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?"
Der Trumpenfuhrer calling others Nazis. Ain't that rich?

Meanwhile, he says that he trusts Putin as much as Frau Merkel.

President-elect Donald Trump has avoided saying who he trusts more — German Chancellor Angela Merkel, a longtime US-ally, or Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Well, I start off trusting both — but let’s see how long that lasts," the incoming president said in an interview with The Sunday Times.

"It may not last long at all.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7529271.html

Always classy.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Der Trumpenfuhrer calling others Nazis. Ain't that rich?

Meanwhile, he says that he trusts Putin as much as Frau Merkel.

President-elect Donald Trump has avoided saying who he trusts more — German Chancellor Angela Merkel, a longtime US-ally, or Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Well, I start off trusting both — but let’s see how long that lasts," the incoming president said in an interview with The Sunday Times.

"It may not last long at all.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7529271.html

Always classy.
What an asshole. I could be wrong but considering his overt bromance with Vlad the Impaler (oops, I meant Vlad the Poisoner ),
I'd say he's threatening our ally, Germany and Frau Merkel.