Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Resident octogenarian

Look John if you love them so much you can have them all. A cousin here in the states sent me that item and I had no reason to doubt her, guess maybe she has had the same experience with them as we have.

I did work with an Iranian lady but if she was a follower of islam you sure as hell could not tell from the way she dressed. She was drop dead gorgeous and not afraid to show it. We became rather close and she looked upon me as a big brother and would come to me with her troubles. Wonder where she is now?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Look John if you love them so much you can have them all. A cousin here in the states sent me that item and I had no reason to doubt her, guess maybe she has had the same experience with them as we have.

I did work with an Iranian lady but if she was a follower of islam you sure as hell could not tell from the way she dressed. She was drop dead gorgeous and not afraid to show it. We became rather close and she looked upon me as a big brother and would come to me with her troubles. Wonder where she is now?
I'm afraid that if you defend the obviously-false mail item we have reason to doubt YOU, in these matters. Your cousin might merely be ignorant, but you are willfully ignoring the evidence.

Your first sentence is very troubling. It parallels the speech of the worst racial bigots, who would insult those who opposed Jim Crow by calling them nigger-lovers.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
It's not that I "love them so much" but that you apparently hate them so much that you're ready to believe - and to disseminate - anything of a negative or uncomplimentary nature that comes your way. Parenthetically, I find it annoying that you chose to dump this turd in the "It's Friday" thread where we're encouraged to lighten the mood around here with a little humor.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I'm afraid that if you defend the obviously-false mail item we have reason to doubt YOU, in these matters. Your cousin might merely be ignorant, but you are willfully ignoring the evidence.

Your first sentence is very troubling. It parallels the speech of the worst racial bigots, who would insult those who opposed Jim Crow by calling them nigger-lovers.
Come on, Don. Lighten up. I mean he did have a Muslim friend once.... maybe.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:04 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Come on, Don. Lighten up. I mean he did have a Muslim friend once.... maybe.
One of his best friends, perchance?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post

Looks like you had a big steaming cuppa false equivalence yourself this AM, Don.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

No but I have had muslim men insult and assault my wife but I can assure you that the next one who tries is in for a shocking surprise.

Several of you profess Christianity so I may assume that you believe God created us as He imagined we should look. Is it very devout to be ashamed of that image that it must be hidden away?

As to hatred DQ you keep making that false assumption about me. I don't hate muslims I don't hate anyone it is simply a waste of energy and at my age I don't have any to throw away. I simply treat people the way they treat me. BTW after finding that it was a hoax I deleted my post, but I did think it was rather funny.

What ever happened to America the Great Melting Pot?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Admin

Much ado about nothing. I remember back in my school days, the cafeteria offered Kosher meals. I wonder if Mater Dei high school offered fishsticks on Fridays?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
As to hatred DQ you keep making that false assumption about me. I don't hate muslims.
Based on your posts here, it's very easy to conclude otherwise.

Quote:
I simply treat people the way they treat me.
I can't speak to how you treat Muslims you encounter but the way you speak of them here makes it seem that you're prepared to think of them, collectively, in extremely negative terms. And that negativity seems to have been inspired by the way Florence was treated by a couple of Muslim men. To generalize from that vicarious experience and view all Muslims in light of the behavior of a few is illogical and is the very definition of prejudice.

Quote:
BTW after finding that it was a hoax I deleted my post, but I did think it was rather funny.
Why?

Last edited by Boreas; 04-20-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Looks like you had a big steaming cuppa false equivalence yourself this AM, Don.
No, I didn't.