Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Flailing in so many ways that's I've lost count.

Cassidy's bill will likely go nowhere, but it's one of a number of options that are under consideration. The Repubs have no intention of putting forth a massive, unwieldy bill like the ACA as a replacement. The plan is to introduce a number a smaller measures that will effective remove key unpopular provisions of the ACA awhile introducing other reforms than are more in line with their thinking.
If they remove the mandates it is dead. Do you own a car? Is it insured? If you live here in Maryland it damn well better be. We did not have accidents so in effect we paid for some that did. But if you own a 4000 pound potentially lethal instrument you are mandated to be able to pay for the damage it can potentially inflict.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Flailing in so many ways that's I've lost count.

then take your shoes off

Cassidy's bill will likely go nowhere, but it's one of a number of options that are under consideration. The Repubs have no intention of putting forth a massive, unwieldy bill like the ACA as a replacement. The plan is to introduce a number a smaller measures that will effective remove key unpopular provisions of the ACA awhile introducing other reforms than are more in line with their thinking.
If they remove the mandates it is dead. Do you own a car? Is it insured? If you live here in Maryland it damn well better be. We did not have accidents so in effect we paid for some that did. But if you own a 4000 pound potentially lethal instrument you are mandated to be able to pay for the damage it can potentially inflict.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Baloney

Baloney

Baloney

Baloney

I'm sure you believe all this, which is kinda sad. There a number of options that could be considered. How about something like this as an option just of the top of my head, just to demonstrate:

- end employer / employee tax deductions for employer sponsored health care premiums.

- leave the medicaid expansion in place

- use technology to give individuals access to low/no cost wellness and preventative services through licensed local pharmacies.

- kill medicare

- overhaul the FDA and allow public (colleges & universities) / private partnerships for ISO certified clinical trials to reduce the requirement for federal oversight while creating a streamlined, lower cost and faster process to get pharmaceuticals to market. Overhaul patent protection laws to reduce protections for pharmaceuticals that are brought to market through this process.

- privatize or license the exchanges. With the savings from killing medicare and ending employer / employee tax premium tax deductions, allow carriers to offer core policies for low / no cost and allow individuals to buy up or customize policies as their needs allow. Kill state coverage mandates and allow carrier to offer their core products across state lines.

- expand "tele-medicine" services. Leverage medical training universities (i.e. U of Mich, NYU, etc.) to expand tele-medicine services at a low cost.

And that's just off the top of my head. There's are countless ideas about how the systems for patient care, billing, service deliver and medical product and processes could be overhauled to expand access and reduce costs.
That is quite apparent.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
That is quite apparent.
I'm not sure he knows which end is the head.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
There's are countless ideas about how the systems for patient care, billing, service deliver and medical product and processes could be overhauled to expand access and reduce costs.
Cool. Maybe we can get that average cost of three days in the hospital down from $30,000 to $29,500! That'll make it "affordable" for most Americans.

https://www.healthcare.gov/why-cover...medical-costs/

Quote:
It’s easy to underestimate how much medical care can cost:

Fixing a broken leg can cost up to $7,500

The average cost of a 3-day hospital stay is around $30,000

Comprehensive cancer care can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars