Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I'm sure you believe all this, which is kinda sad. There a number of options that could be considered. How about something like this as an option just of the top of my head, just to demonstrate:

- end employer / employee tax deductions for employer sponsored health care premiums.

- leave the medicaid expansion in place

- use technology to give individuals access to low/no cost wellness and preventative services through licensed local pharmacies.

- kill medicare

- overhaul the FDA and allow public (colleges & universities) / private partnerships for ISO certified clinical trials to reduce the requirement for federal oversight while creating a streamlined, lower cost and faster process to get pharmaceuticals to market. Overhaul patent protection laws to reduce protections for pharmaceuticals that are brought to market through this process.

- privatize or license the exchanges. With the savings from killing medicare and ending employer / employee tax premium tax deductions, allow carriers to offer core policies for low / no cost and allow individuals to buy up or customize policies as their needs allow. Kill state coverage mandates and allow carrier to offer their core products across state lines.

- expand "tele-medicine" services. Leverage medical training universities (i.e. U of Mich, NYU, etc.) to expand tele-medicine services at a low cost.

And that's just off the top of my head. There's are countless ideas about how the systems for patient care, billing, service deliver and medical product and processes could be overhauled to expand access and reduce costs.
Why don't you go consult with der Trumpenfuhrer because he, the House and Senate all have no plan, nor any agreement on how to go forward?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 AM

Getting back to the origin of the thread, it took the average Syrian refugee 18 to 24 months to be approved for entry into the US from abroad. With this being the normal vetting period, what does extreme vetting mean, other than the golden door is no longer open?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Getting back to the origin of the thread, it took the average Syrian refugee 18 to 24 months to be approved for entry into the US from abroad. With this being the normal vetting period, what does extreme vetting mean, other than the golden door is no longer open?
It means typical Republican fucking with defenseless vulnerables to whore votes from the gullible with groundless fear.
Like, "they're going to rape our women and steal our stuff and our jobs!!!" worked previously.

Last edited by Pio1980; 02-02-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
We've been told that there's no great way to "vet" these folks, so your guess is as good as mine what might have been happening with processing their approval in that 18 - 24 month period.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:36 AM

Bullshit, a normal interview conversation with a person vets occupational knowledge. It isn't too hard to do background verification checks, even in the case of foreign born nationals. I know this for a fact, as we have a SyrianMasters prepared EE who works as a QC officer at our government site.

The vast majority of refugees who request passage to the US have been professionals, and those who have relatives who already have run the gauntlet.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 02-02-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:36 AM

If we are going to do this crap for show we will never fix the ISIS problem. What has been done so far does nothing to address the root of this issue, only make it worse. Too bad the POTUS hasn't a clue when to STFU and act presidential.

Carl
Old 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
We've been told that there's no great way to "vet" these folks, so your guess is as good as mine what might have been happening with processing their approval in that 18 - 24 month period.
Do you even read the links you post? The author of that piece explained the process fairly well.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
If we are going to do this crap for show we will never fix the ISIS problem. What has been done so far does nothing to address the root of this issue, only make it worse. Too bad the POTUS hasn't a clue when to STFU and act presidential.

Carl
This has been lost on the wingnuts here. Radical Islamists thanked for our invasion of Iraq and now for this EO. Both have served as a free recruitment drive for them, especially radicalized lone wolfs who are already living among us.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
especially radicalized lone wolfs who are already living among us.
Them, and their access to guns and ammo without any background checks. How stupid, or corrupt, can you be to allow this. I can understand Trump's rather large investment in Saudi Arabia is stopping him from doing something meaningful but it really is where most foreign terrorists come from.

Carl
Old 02-02-2017, 02:32 PM
Admin

Quote:

So, what are you mad about here Bob? That we actually have someone in the White House who might actually enforce immigration law? Or are you mad that you, Finn, WaPo the left are the only ones who think that requiring immigrants to be self sufficient might somehow be "news"?

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (also known as the Hart–Celler Act) says, "Any alien who, in the opinion of the consular officer at the time of application for a visa, or in the opinion of the Attorney general at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge is inadmissible." This provision was intended to screen out immigrants likely to become a burden on the American taxpayer.

So, its already the law of the land, Bob. Or are you just bitchin' 'cuz its Trump that wants to enforce the law?
Do you not understand the difference between refugees and garden variety immigrants? Apparently not.