Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Il est temps de fête à Montréal.
And what a city to party in. I have fond memories of living in Montreal and despite the harsh winters, a beautiful city to live in. And the women.........(drool).
Old 10-19-2015, 10:46 PM

Okay, it's done. The Liberals have won 156 seats at this point. The social democratic NDP has won 20. That would allow a 176 seat ruling coalition as of right now. And there are 68 seats still in play. The Conservatives are toast!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Admin

170 as of a minute ago!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:17 PM

The Liberals just hit 170 seats confirmed. It's over, an absolute majority for the Liberal Party, no coalition necessary.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:23 PM

So far, 300 seats have been decided. The Conservatives have won less than 1/3 of them. This is as near a total rejection as it gets.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So far, 300 seats have been decided. The Conservatives have won less than 1/3 of them. This is as near a total rejection as it gets.
Wouldn't it be grand if we could do the same in '16?
Old 10-20-2015, 12:51 AM

Harpers gone! Thank the lord almighty Harper is gone! God only knows the depths of my hatred for Harper. I'd rather relinquish my citizenship than side with Harper and his ilk.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:45 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
Harpers gone! Thank the lord almighty Harper is gone! God only knows the depths of my hatred for Harper. I'd rather relinquish my citizenship than side with Harper and his ilk.
Hiya, Whitey. Welcome to PC & congrats.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:51 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Welcome, whitey!
Old 10-20-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey View Post
yes indeed,i woke up today proud of my country again,and also extremely proud of my little part of it...polls close here on the east coast first and for the first time in history there was no blackout on the results...the rest of the country got to see the massive red tide rise in the east while polls were still open...a total shutout,liberals in all 33 riding's in the atlantic time zone,it was all but over in about 20 minutes,only a few riding's even teetered towards the Cons or NDP...nowhere is Harper hated more than here,nowhere,he didn't even show his face here during this historically long campaign...there's your "culture of defeat" in the east...you prick.

i see most of those posting here are doing so from US address's,i don't know how many are canucks living stateside,but for those that might not be...our new PM Elect,is again a Trudeau,the son of a former much loved and to be fair,much hated by some PM...this is such poetic justice on so many levels for Harper,to be defeated by a Trudeau...again for those not familiar with the narrative,Justin Trudeau is roughly the Canadian equivalent of JFK Jr running for president in the US[had he lived to run of course]...there are so many happy people here today.in so many minds,we have finally taken our country back,restored it to what it was and always should be...there were tears of joy for many in these parts late last night..