Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Resident octogenarian

Here is an amusing thought, when California decided to renege on gay marriage it was all for naught. As long as one state allows gay marriage the other 49 states are bound to recognize it - Article IV, Constitution of these United States.

BTW, in case no one noticed my avatar that is Sir Robert Borden another of Canada's Prime Ministers. Since Sir Wilfred was a Liberal I thought it only fair to give a Conservative equal time.

Last edited by merrylander; 02-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Resident octogenarian

He got us through WW I with distinction, not really noted anywhere but Canada has never lost any war that it was in. He was a maritimer, from Nova Scotia.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

BTW I did not say I thought compulsory seat belt laws were a good idea, I am all for letting natural selection thin the gene pool. Nor did I think airbags designed to restrain a 165 pound male too stupid to wear a set belt a good thing. They can seriously harm a 5'1" woman sitting closer to the wheel seat belt or no. Again leave it to Darwin.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't need the gubbermint to tell me when to wipe my ass. ...
Chas
I dunno Chas, I heard there was a push for this as an upcoming campaign issue. Just say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'll bet you the same 8 million and raise you a million, that if we pulled a bunch of Founders up some of us would be shocked to discover that they really weren't nearly as saintly and God-like as they are made out to be.

They were, after all----politicians. And human.

Glad to see you wear your belt! I want you around for a long, long time, Pete. I had to learn the hard way--as usual. But I haven't gone beltless since 1988.

Regards,
Dave
Yeah, one of the big disappointments in my life was learning that, even Lincoln. But not George Washington.

You too bud. I learned almost the hard way, 1st on a dead deer and 2nd a near miss on a 75 mph collision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well Eldrige Gerry did have Gerrymandering named in his honor.
Lol!

Pete