Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-30-2023, 05:32 PM
Banned

Between this return to reconstruction era public education, interference in women's confidential health care, and interference in confidentiality protected counseling of minor children...DeSantis may be worse than Trump in a number of ways.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I still believe it will have the climate crisis in the subconscious effecting our actions.
As as usual with our species when a real threat arises we end up exercising whatever small intelligence we have by arguing with each other about it.

Because, as far as doing anything about it, it's already too late. I see young couples walking around with toddlers and infants and I'm just SMH.
Old 07-31-2023, 08:04 AM

Is Today's Trumpist GOP Fascist?

Ok. I wrote a long rant about climate change and failed to make a point so I deleted it.

Last edited by barbara; 07-31-2023 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Historians will also look at that in detail, hopefully, declassification is not too far off.
Don't understand what you mean, the declassification?
Old 07-31-2023, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Don't understand what you mean, the declassification?
You know, the FBI instigated it. It was a false flag operation. It Was ANTIFA. Pelosi didn't call the National Guard. It was just a tourist visit. You know, the usual Reich-wing fantasy stuff to excuse tRump for any responsibility FOR WHAT WE SAW WITH OUT OWN EYES.
Old 07-31-2023, 04:38 PM

^^I believe Dondi is claiming that sometime in the future the classified Trump stole, refused to return them all when asked, etc. ect; we all know the details from the indictments. Out of these the one that trump showed to people at Bedminister is the one they cannot lie away (Pence & Biden took documents too) since that was classified and he showed it to people without security clearances knowing they were classified.

Now if these documents trump put on display at Bedminister can be declassified, all will be well at MAGAland. I am guessing here.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:56 PM
Banned

If you look back in time 100 years, you will see a remarkably identical pattern happening in the Republican Party since 2016 and what happened in the politics of Italy in the 1920's. Mussolini and Trump...both identified convenient scapegoats...Mussolini, soci@lists and communists...Trump, immigrants, LGBTQ, and people of color. Both set out on a populist path, convincing enough of the stupid electorate that their scapegoats were evil mongrels attempting to steal the country from the people (Italians in Italy...white christians here). Enough of the electorate reacted positively to scare the shit out of gutless politicians, fearing the loss of their office, to back the autocrat. Thus the Republican Party we have today along with a country half full of assholes.

Not that complicated. I again recommend Madeleine Albright's book Fascism: A Warning. Just the first few chapters focusing on 1020's Italy and parallels with recent history in this shithole.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-03-2023 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Steve Schmidt Brings It

Trump is an American fascist and his party is a vessel for fascism. Judge Michael Luttig is precisely correct about the Republican Party not existing. It doesn’t. There is no fidelity within the party to the US Constitution and the United States, so the party in form and function doesn’t exist beyond as a force for threat and menace. It is not an American political party in the traditional sense of offering a perspective around the preservation of the goals and outcome of the American revolution. The party is the abyss. It is the black hole. It is consuming a type of natural gravity called freedom, and pulling the country down and in towards the abyss of total blackness. This is not the patriot’s dream. This is not the American dream. It must be resisted.

Everywhere around America there is a duality between right and wrong; good and bad are playing out. Our politics has been stripped of dignity, majesty, focus, purpose, respect, integrity, love, patriotism and responsibility. Yet, none of these things have disappeared from America. They are everywhere the media doesn’t cover, which is most everywhere. Instead, the American people see a daily exposition of pettiness, rage and stupidity. They are tuning out and turning off. They simply don’t want to be around to watch another version of an OJ trial. The format is old, stale and tedious after 30 years. The vast exhausted majority of Americans do not want this shit show to continue. They want it to end, but the show runners seem intent that there soap opera of malice and disgrace will endure forever. It will not.

Eventually, holes fill and gaps close. Cowardice will give way to courage, and courage is contagious too. People will start standing up over the next year, and by November of 2024, the likelihood is the MAGA/fascist fever will be shattered in this country. Recording it as anything less than a near-death experience for American democracy will do the moment a disservice. Perhaps another way to look at it is that American democracy surviving this era at the edge of a near-death experience is the very best outcome at which we are going to arrive.

What happened in this era? At a time of relative peace and prosperity, with no great external threat facing the country, Americans were incited by a great demagogue and a man of the lowest character to turn against each other and break faith with their country. He was not opposed by the people who could have stopped him. Instead, those people got in line. Could it happen here? It almost did — and it still might. If you don’t know what the “what” is yet, you might be part of the problem. Citizenship and helplessness don’t go well together.

https://steveschmidt.substack.com/p/...plessness-dont

Last edited by finnbow; 08-10-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2023, 04:51 PM

No Labels is going to make Trump 47.....

Just how stupid to think they can win, or is it hubris denial dreaming of clouds and rainbows....

This next election only has one choice, the one that will beat Trump!
Old 08-10-2023, 05:23 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
No Labels is going to make Trump 47.....

Just how stupid to think they can win, or is it hubris denial dreaming of clouds and rainbows....

This next election only has one choice, the one that will beat Trump!
No Labels is a straight up ratfucking outfit financed by reichwing moneybags. I hope the blue painters tape brigade don't fall for it.