Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Damn right. We went out and kicked everybody's ass and made 'em like it!!!

Chas
yeah cause were got guns
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Area Man

"Exceptionalism" is just another way of attempting to make you feel ashamed for suggesting we should "change" anything.

(Que a chorus of angels humming "The Battle Hymm of the Republic".)

"Well, of course we don't want health care reform, folks. Our rediculously expensive insurance system that's dragging us down like an anchor around our necks is what makes us "exceptional". Our hatred of the poor and the working class is what makes us "exceptional". Our love of blood sucking vampires in the corporate boardroom is our "uniqueness", that wonderful xenophobic paranoia, it's the unmitigated audacity to demand 1/4 of the worlds resources that makes us EXCEPTIONALLY AMERICAN!"

(The chorus launches into a full blown fortissimo, complete with fireworks and images of Reagan in a cowboy hat, Washington on a white horse, and, of course a very drunk Tailgunner Joe humping on the incredibly gay Roy Cohn as a stoned Rush Limbaugh looks on with drug hazed indifference.)

It's just another vacuuous sloganistic pile of dung like "For God and Country" or "My country, right or wrong!" that's designed to shame you for having a thought deemed to be inconsistent with the right-wing mindset.

There, I have thoroughly abused you with my take.

Good night, and God Bless.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-22-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
There are elements of the left that openly expouse anarchy, you know.
So.... fucking.... what?

There are "elements" of the Right that openly espouse anarchy too. Also, there are elements of the Right who are committed to totalitarianism.

You don't characterize a movement or an ideology by its extremes.

At least not if you're honest.

John
Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

About the only thing exceptional is the amount of BS that is generated on a daily basis.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
So.... fucking.... what?

There are "elements" of the Right that openly espouse anarchy too. Also, there are elements of the Right who are committed to totalitarianism.

John
Then why don't you quit doing it?

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yep. We beat the French by five years (1787 vs. 1792). However; in part, it was their support of us that made our revolution successful.
Absolutely, and I've defended the France elsewhere. They gave us support and the Statue of Liberty (and towns named Lafeyette ), we gave them 2 wws of support, we're even. But still friends Mostly However it's a family quarrel.

BUT last I heard, our revolution did not include killing everyone, and did not give the world a maniac powermonger, but a lasting example.

Quote:
There is a time to talk, and a time to fight.

While you may disagree, I think what Shrub did was right for the time, much as what Obummer is doing is also right for the time.

Being critical of one's opponents is far too easy. For the most part, they are really no different than you or I.

They simply do the best that they can, given the circumstances.

Chas
I tend to agree, although I think we are going too soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"..

Lmao!!

Quote:
So.... fucking.... what?

John
Quote:

Chas
T'anks.

Pete
Old 07-22-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Chas
'Scuze me?

John
Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
'Scuze me?

John
You've blamed the entire right for the actions of a few wackos a time or two. Of course, that action is so prevalent here as to be SOP.

At least that's how it appears to me.

No hard feeling, and you are 'scuzed!!!

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Absolutely, and I've defended the France elsewhere. They gave us support and the Statue of Liberty (and towns named Lafeyette ), we gave them 2 wws of support, we're even. But still friends Mostly However it's a family quarrel.

BUT last I heard, our revolution did not include killing everyone, and did not give the world a maniac powermonger, but a lasting example.

I tend to agree, although I think we are going too soft.

Lmao!!

T'anks.

Pete
You know, Pete, every since the Dogman has taken a leave of absence, we haven't had a good, right wingnut racist to kick around. I'm afraid we've won the title by default.

So I'll make you a deal. I'll take my turn in the circle today, and you can be the racist tomorrow.

Now if that doesn't work with your schedule, just let me know...I'm pretty flexible for the time being.

Chas
Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Exceptionalism" is just another way of attempting to make you feel ashamed for suggesting we should "change" anything.

(Que a chorus of angels humming "The Battle Hymm of the Republic".)

"Well, of course we don't want health care reform, folks. Our rediculously expensive insurance system that's dragging us down like an anchor around our necks is what makes us "exceptional". Our hatred of the poor and the working class is what makes us "exceptional". Our love of blood sucking vampires in the corporate boardroom is our "uniqueness", that wonderful xenophobic paranoia, it's the unmitigated audacity to demand 1/4 of the worlds resources that makes us EXCEPTIONALLY AMERICAN!"

(The chorus launches into a full blown fortissimo, complete with fireworks and images of Reagan in a cowboy hat, Washington on a white horse, and, of course a very drunk Tailgunner Joe humping on the incredibly gay Roy Cohn as a stoned Rush Limbaugh looks on with drug hazed indifference.)

It's just another vacuuous sloganistic pile of dung like "For God and Country" or "My country, right or wrong!" that's designed to shame you for having a thought deemed to be inconsistent with the right-wing mindset.

Good night, and God Bless.

Dave
Dang, Dave, you are on a roll lately. Where's that "we're not worthy" smiley? Keep 'em coming.

Regards,

D-Ray