Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I guess it depends on who you hang out with.
No it doesn't. Hell, I was in a family restaurant with my daughter a few weeks ago and a couple of idiots walked in carrying on with a discussion laden with F bombs. Kudos to the owner for telling them to leave. But lots off folks these days seem to have little self restraint.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No it doesn't. Hell, I was in a family restaurant with my daughter a few weeks ago and a couple of idiots walked in carrying on with a discussion laden with F bombs. Kudos to the owner for telling them to leave. But lots off folks these days seem to have little self restraint.
Do you think we could tell Trump to just leave?

The restaurateur told that group to leave because their behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. Don't you think that we should hold a presidential candidate to the same standard?

More to the point, this is part of a pattern we've been seeing in Trump for years, from public displays of marital infidelity, multiple allegations of rape, misogynistic public tirades against multiple women, from Rosie O'Donnell to Heidi Cruz, and the public fat shaming and objectification of Alicia Machado.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:55 AM
reflexionar

How a person feels toward women isn't high on my priority list for the things that need to be taken care of in the oval office. That being said, I don't think Hilary cares one iota about women besides herself either. She just isn't blatant about it. They are both big pretenders and I still haven't decided yet if I can even vote for the POTUS in the looming election with a clear conscience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Do you think we could tell Trump to just leave?

The restaurateur told that group to leave because their behavior was inappropriate and unacceptable. Don't you think that we should hold a presidential candidate to the same standard?

More to the point, this is part of a pattern we've been seeing in Trump for years, from public displays of marital infidelity, multiple allegations of rape, misogynistic public tirades against multiple women, from Rosie O'Donnell to Heidi Cruz, and the public fat shaming and objectification of Alicia Machado.
That's an easy spin for Trump folk. They look at the first paragraph and say "he's trying to tell them Mexicans to leave, ain't he"? Then they go to the second paragraph and say "change a couple names and you'd be talking about Bill Clinton".

Last edited by mpholland; 10-08-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:07 AM

Bill Clinton isn't the candidate, the feces flinging primate of Trump tower is.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 10:17 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Bill Clinton isn't the candidate, the feces flinging primate of Trump tower is.

True. Bill just seems to be held in the same regard as Saint Ronnie. Which is why I wonder how a persons treatment of women is telling about how good a president he will be.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Area Man

Quote:
No worse than I've heard in any locker room, on any golf course, or in any bar on a Saturday night.

On the other hand, this won't matter a whit to the folks who would vote for Trump, just like Bill Clinton's antics never mattered a whit his supporters. Some of those were ardent feminists who looked the other way and pulled the lever for him anyway.

And those will be many of the same folks who will go to the polls next month and pull the lever for Hillary, who publicly trashed Bill's women in the media, before Bill finally acknowledged the truth later on.

Someone queue Tammy Wynette singling Stand by Your Man.
True..........but fuck Trump anyways. (Speaking of things typically heard in locker rooms and bars.)

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-08-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:25 AM

The difference seems to be that Bill was just another serial philaderer behind the scenery, whereas Trump brings a strong element of non self-conscious macho mysogeny into his relationship with women in general.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
True. Bill just seems to be held in the same regard as Saint Ronnie. Which is why I wonder how a persons treatment of women is telling about how good a president he will be.
This is far from the only area in which Trump has demonstrated his unsuitability to be president but it's all of a piece with his racism, xenophobia and overall contempt for his fellow human beings.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
This is far from the only area in which Trump has demonstrated his unsuitability to be president but it's all of a piece with his racism, xenophobia and overall contempt for his fellow human beings.
Much better answer. Still don't like either candidate though. Both will likely upset the SCOTUS in a negative fashion. What a fucked up time to be an American.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Because they don't care if they "offend" you and they certainly aren't going to soothe your "political correctness" by letting you tell them what they can say. "This is uh-Merika and I can say what I want, you f**kin' Libtard!"........

Gee, I wonder where they got that from?

Probably the same stupid, shortsighted party that gave us Trump.