Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:26 AM

Immigration Plan Proposed by Trump

We will see what happens when it comes to any legislation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...ation-52646015
Old 01-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Jigsawed

Trump is trying to stall the political ascent of Browns and Blacks.

He is wasting his and the American people's time.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:08 PM

Nativistic and racist poison pill from PG. Is anyone surprised?
Old 01-29-2018, 06:33 PM

I dunno. Not a Trump fan but seems to me he hit the table with a framework that will allow negotiations to move on a logical basis. I wouldn't get too hung up on the details just yet, they're just an opening gambit.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:43 PM

I hope it goes through some changes as it moves through the house and senate. The way it stands now, soon there will not be enough brown people to cover the housekeeping duties at Trump hotels. GASP! Poor Ivanka will have to go make beds and clean bathrooms!!
Old 01-29-2018, 07:58 PM
Admin

"For those looking to emigrate to the United States, connections are everything. If you have a family member who is a citizen or a green-card holder, you can — under certain circumstances — be given priority consideration for entry to the country.

American citizens can petition on behalf of spouses, children (married or not), parents and siblings for green cards. They can also petition for fiances and spouses’ children for certain types of visas. Green-card holders have a narrower set of relationships for which they can petition, limited to spouses and unmarried children.There’s an irony to this policy shift, though. A number of prominent members of the Trump administration have ancestors who are only in the country because they came to join members of their families who would be excluded from sponsoring them under the new proposal.

What this means is that a citizen could sponsor a sibling for a green card and, if granted, that sibling could then sponsor his or her child. That child could then sponsor his or her eventual spouse, and so on. This is the system that President Trump has taken to describing as “chain migration,” a system that he and his administration present as a scourge that necessitates action by the government. (Proponents of the system prefer the term “family reunification.”) A proposal from the administration sent to Capitol Hill last week suggested that the green-card-holder limits on petitions apply to everyone, dramatically scaling back the number of people who could see facilitated entry to the United States.

There’s an irony to this policy shift, though. A number of prominent members of the Trump administration have ancestors who are only in the country because they came to join members of their families who would be excluded from sponsoring them under the new proposal.

Trump has benefited from what could be called “chain migration” on both sides of his family. (It’s important to note that it was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 that established the existing standards regarding family relationships. Most of the migration described in this article preceded that law.)" WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.82647fad22b3

Trump is a hypocrite.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:42 PM

Cutting "chain" immigration is code for just cutting immigration period.

Cutting immigration because of xenophobia is not the American way.

Trump is the one stopping DACA and creating this "crisis".
Old 01-30-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Trump is trying to stall the political ascent of Browns and Blacks.

He is wasting his and the American people's time.
Angry old Republican white dudes are in for a heap o' trouble. People of color and women are getting really pissed, and they will be turning out in droves to vote, along with the rest of us disgusted by Donny. Really hoping for serious jailtime for Donny and his crime family and enablers soon.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 PM

Wonder if one of you progressive types could 'splain something to me about this immigration thing. I do understand that as an American citizen, I have certain rights afforded me by the Constitution. I don't recall, however, anything that said I had the right to up and leave here and go to another country and when I got there, that country would be obliged to feed clothe, house and tend to my health care. Do other countries give that right to their citizens? If they don't than what right does that lil' feller with tears in eyes crying about wanting a better life have to come here and expect me to pay for it? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
Wonder if one of you progressive types could 'splain something to me about this immigration thing. I do understand that as an American citizen, I have certain rights afforded me by the Constitution. I don't recall, however, anything that said I had the right to up and leave here and go to another country and when I got there, that country would be obliged to feed clothe, house and tend to my health care. Do other countries give that right to their citizens? If they don't than what right does that lil' feller with tears in eyes crying about wanting a better life have to come here and expect me to pay for it? Inquiring minds want to know.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...grants-welfare

In fact if you want to leave and move to another country America will not stop you. The country you are emigrating to determines whether you can stay or not.