Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 AM

First post...

I'm basically putting my two cents in from posts I read on the first page I really do not have the time to read through 5 pages so bear with me and keep that in mind...

I'm a conservative and I would never consider Hannity, Rush, Beck, O'Rielly ect.... to be news.... these are commentators and should be taken with that in mind. These are not hard news shows... these are opinion based entertainment shows. I also would not give a left wing comedy show any credence what so ever! It's funny how the left seems to use comedic redicule rather then serious discussion to forward there agenda...

All the major networks for the most part have become entertainment. Responsible level headed citizens have to sift through the BS and form our own opinions. Anyone that swallows the media from either view point to form there opinion is delusional.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I also would not give a left wing comedy show any credence what so ever! It's funny how the left seems to use comedic redicule rather then serious discussion to forward there agenda...
Did you catch this thread?

http://www.politicalchat.org/offroad...read.php?t=576

Eh, not so sure it's a "left" thing.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'm a conservative and I would never consider Hannity, Rush, Beck, O'Rielly ect.... to be news.... these are commentators and should be taken with that in mind. These are not hard news shows... these are opinion based entertainment shows. I also would not give a left wing comedy show any credence what so ever!
You do see the double standard here, don't you?

John
Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
First post...

I'm basically putting my two cents in from posts I read on the first page I really do not have the time to read through 5 pages so bear with me and keep that in mind...

I'm a conservative and I would never consider Hannity, Rush, Beck, O'Rielly ect.... to be news.... these are commentators and should be taken with that in mind. These are not hard news shows... these are opinion based entertainment shows. I also would not give a left wing comedy show any credence what so ever! It's funny how the left seems to use comedic redicule rather then serious discussion to forward there agenda...

All the major networks for the most part have become entertainment. Responsible level headed citizens have to sift through the BS and form our own opinions. Anyone that swallows the media from either view point to form there opinion is delusional.
Hi, Alan.

An excellent first post, and I agree with you 100%.

Personally, I'm most impressed with your first shot from a cold barrel.

You've stated your position plainly, and done so in a way which should offend no one.

If you can maintain you composure through the upcoming brickbats that you will be dealt, you will be a welcome addition indeed.

Chas