Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 AM

i am of an age that i do remember where i was when i heard the news of jfk's murder. after 8 yrs of this old grampa guy 'ike' in there, it seemed people were energized by the presence in the white house of a young, active, well spoken and educated man w/ an attractive wife of similar attributes. we were glad to have them represent us in the world(there were kennedy haters as well, i know, and i know that no one is perfect; but despite the flaws, the family paid a heavy price for their involvement in civic duties and affairs).
whoever killed jfk(and i lean to the view that more than just one man was involved, even if only because of the many enemies the kennedy family had-some perhaps w/reason) also struck a harsh blow at the underlying faith people had in the idea that america was a truly good place with high-minded goals and a bright future. more assassinations and vietnam then brought cynicism to the place once held by a national optimism. johnson, i believe, though a consummate politician, was a decent man(i know, it's problematic as to whether one can defend the juxstaposition of those descriptions), and wasn't actively involved, even if wisdom compelled his silence. best possibility i can see is a mob hit passively aided by interested parties here and in cuba(identifying and positioning oswald as a suitable 'patsy' and then the obfuscation of any 'investigation'). the 'parallax view' was an interesting flick from about ten years after dallas, which amongst other things, highlights the cynicism developing in the post 60's u.s. also, i'm not surprised that no one has broken 'omerta' on this one so far-'deep throat' went 'til he was almost dead(many saw him as a 'good' guy should he have 'come out') and there did'nt need to be a huge host of people who really 'knew'. those who did's interests are still being served by silence.

Last edited by tincat; 11-05-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:05 PM

Who helped Oswald? A mail order gun seller.
end of story.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWAR View Post
Who helped Oswald? A mail order gun seller.
end of story.
sometimes genius is in simplicity
Old 11-07-2009, 09:30 AM

So with this mentality, the young lady who stopped the massacre at Fort
Hood and saved countless lives should not be hailed as a hero but praise
should instead be placed with the seller of the gun?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Area Man

No.
The gun is just a tool.
The guy who sold it is just a salesman.
The woman who used it to stop senseless bloodshed is a hero, IMHO.

Dave
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post

What on the planet are you trying to say?
Old 11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this heroic young lady a law enforcement officer using a firearm within the scope of her public safety duties? She certainly went above and beyond, contuing to pursue the murderer after she had been shot. No doubt that she deserves all of our respect. In fact, the officer took out a criminally insane person who obviously had plenty of access to weapons.

What she did had no relevance to whether any private citizens should be pistol packin' mamas.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

What on the planet are you trying to say?
he's saying that if you can transfer responsibility for jfk's death to the supplier of the gun in that case, then you can just as well transfer responsibility(or kudos) for the stopping of the ft. hood nut to the supplier of the weapon used to do that job-legitimacy of the wielding agent's authorizations notwithstanding-
Old 11-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincat View Post
he's saying that if you can transfer responsibility for jfk's death to the supplier of the gun in that case, then you can just as well transfer responsibility(or kudos) for the stopping of the ft. hood nut to the supplier of the weapon used to do that job-legitimacy of the wielding agent's authorizations notwithstanding-
Thanks, I knew it didn't make any sense.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Thanks, I knew it didn't make any sense.
There are appropriate and inappropriate uses for guns, just as there are appropriate and inappropriate ways of obtaining them.

The law enforcement officer who performed so heroically at Ft. Hood is an example of both appropriate use and appropriate provenance. As a duly sworn officer of the law, she obtained her weapon legitimately and used it to protect the public welfare. Oswald, on the other hand, obtained his rifle in the most casual of ways and used it in the most heinous.

John