Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Admin

Sorry that you see it that way JJ. See post #85. Bill has been more repugnant than usual in both of these threads and not just towards Zeke. Since he has opened this example of the exercise of our first amendment rights, to the detriment of this forum I would add, no one should be surprised where it leads.

For myself I've decided that this is one member that I'll have no more conversation with as he's proved to me he's a dishonest and juvenile protagonist in the marketplace of ideas. He's gone beyond spirited debate by a long mile. I think he's got deep seated issues that are beyond my understanding and any capability to effect any change through discussion or debate.

Personally I've never met anyone less capable of reasoning with than Big Bill.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
You don't believe me Bob

Pete
Not what I said my friend. I was asking if you had gotten all sides of the story.
It's a hot button with me, this subject, as you know and I apologize for getting hot under the collar. peace?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Yes we have. Now I'm done with you.

I'm very surprised and impressed D-Ray. It does show that I was wrong about you, you do care for all the workers.

Please delete me from this forum, as I will not be returning.

Regards,

Bill
Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I'm thinking if his utterances are so obnoxious and upsetting that everyone that finds them so simply ignore him. If he is factually wrong, dispute him with other facts. The personal attacks merely serve to offer him to answer in kind. IMO it's unseemly. That type of thing gets no one any where. Two wrongs don't make a right.

(BTW, neither side has said anything as bad as some things I heard said in Junior High.)
You're right JJ. Sorry.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:09 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're right JJ. Sorry.
I, too, could have been less visceral in response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill
This message is hidden because Big_Bill is on your ignore list.
That is much better.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
I'm very surprised and impressed D-Ray. It does show that I was wrong about you, you do care for all the workers.

Please delete me from this forum, as I will not be returning.

Regards,

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I, too, could have been less visceral in response.

That is much better.
No need for the ignore, Zeke.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:37 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

No one here needs to apologize to me for anything but thanks anyway. I have learned a lot on this forum and I would like for it to grow. I just don't think personal attacks provide an inviting environment for growth. Spirited debate is thought provoking and educational, slap fighting... not so much. We can find that all over the internet. Just my opinion. Thanks for letting me express it.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
No one here needs to apologize to me for anything but thanks anyway. I have learned a lot on this forum and I would like for it to grow. I just don't think personal attacks provide an inviting environment for growth. Spirited debate is thought provoking and educational, slap fighting... not so much. We can find that all over the internet. Just my opinion. Thanks for letting me express it.
Yeah! What you said!

Nap time!

Dave
Old 07-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Area Man

I think Bill is just frustrated that there was no heros welcome with brass bands and tickertape parades for the guys returning from Vietnam, or any returning war veterans since WW2. But, thinks there should be. I also think he amy be frustrated, as many business owners seem to be these days, that people don't roll out the red carpet and idolize them the way so many think we should these days...........

Me? I think we should respect our veterans and military folks and what they have done and continue to do.........But, we should always be careful not to glorify war itself. Our children should grow up knowing the bloody truth of war and the often wretched politics behind it----sans glory.

And, the other thing......Nothing is really owed to anyone, but the paycheck for last weeks work, and whatever else may have been agree upon in a legal contract. I will uphold the agreement I made in taking a job, but anyone who expects me to kiss his ass is in for an ugly suprise.

And that's how I see it.

Dave
Old 07-09-2012, 08:25 AM

If someone's self-worth relies heavily on something that they have done in the distant past then I would characterize their life as rather barren. Regrettably I only know of Big Bill by what I've read here but it would appear that the preceding sentence applies. I'm proud of my service but I am not defined by my status as a veteran but by who I am as a human being.