Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazygrrl View Post
Well there you go... the above does say a lot, especially about objectivity (or the lack there of). It seems for you, there can be no arguments, no instances, nothing at all, that anyone with a liberal bent or heaven forbid a Democrat politician, could ever be wrong. Congressman Welch called Biden out, you crusade to defend Biden and his cohorts. Even Biden admitted, later, that he made those statements in several interviews. Welch also spoke of other similar questionable statements. Are all of them "spin" or fabrication? I think not. According to you, Welch has to be wrong because he isn't a Democrat, that he has to put right-wing "spin" on it. There was no spin in the video, he just asked for civility and pointed out that what was said was inappropriate.

Regardless, it is plain wrong to even assert that a group of sworn elected representatives, members of Congress, "negotiate like terrorists". That is wrong, on so many levels. Those that defend this outrageous behavior, due to ideology or other reasons, should really ask themselves some serious questions about personal ethics and morality. I just wonder, how you would have reacted if it were Republicans proclaiming that Democrats negotiated like "terrorists". Frankly Sir, it would surprise me fundamentally if you would then defend the Republican's behavior with the same vigor that you do Joe Biden and his Democrats. I cannot even remotely fathom, that you would.

The Vice President of the United States has to be held to a higher standard than Joe Schmoe. Even if he made these statements in private, concerning elected officials, members of Congress all, then there is a serious problem. Joe Biden, as you have previously pointed out, has a problem with making inappropriate statements. That simply does not excuse his unbecoming behavior, regardless of the fact that there is a (D) in front of his name.

Watch out, you're letting you emotions get the best of you. It is even causing you to misrepresent what I say. I am not on a crusade, I am engaged in calling spin spin. It is dishonest to say that an alleged comment against a group of political negotiators is a comment about an entire movement of citizens. There was spin in the video - the spin is that Welch whined that he had been called a terrorist, and that he like others have tried to do, wanted to take the alleged criticism of negotiating techniques to a much broader meaning. That dishonesty is what I have been challenging, and what I will continue to challenge.

Maybe we should highlight an outrageous comment. "The people who are threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of al Qaeda terrorists. Really,"

What wild-eyed American-hating Democrat said that? Oops, it wasn't a Democrat, but George Bush's treasury secretary, Paul Oneill.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Watch out, you're letting you emotions get the best of you. It is even causing you to misrepresent what I say. I am not on a crusade, I am engaged in calling spin spin. It is dishonest to say that an alleged comment against a group of political negotiators is a comment about an entire movement of citizens. There was spin in the video - the spin is that Welch whined that he had been called a terrorist, and that he like others have tried to do, wanted to take the alleged criticism of negotiating techniques to a much broader meaning. That dishonesty is what I have been challenging, and what I will continue to challenge.

Maybe we should highlight an outrageous comment. "The people who are threatening not to pass the debt ceiling are our version of al Qaeda terrorists. Really,"

What wild-eyed American-hating Democrat said that? Oops, it wasn't a Democrat, but George Bush's treasury secretary, Paul Oneill.

Regards,

D-Ray
Paul O'neill's comments are equally crude, I too am opposed to them. We were, however, discussing Joe Biden and his friends. The people that you have defended tooth-and-nail, and that you have, in my opinion, given a "free pass" to. How do I know this: "Welch whined that he was called a terrorist..." It is my personal perception, from what I have seen in the threads on this forum, that a huge double standard exists in treatment. The same as in the press. I wonder why vicious, racist, and inflammatory statements from Democrats like Jessie Jackson, Jr., for example, get so little attention? Why is he not being called out? Or Charlie Rangel, Or Biden (rapes in the streets), or Franks, or Reid, Or Pelosi??? The only one who made very few of these, and has been challenged on everyone, is Barrack Obama; that goes to his credit. I may despise that man, but he does not say the outrageous things his party leadership does.

Last edited by Krazygrrl; 10-28-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Paul O'neill's comments are equally crude, I too am opposed to them. We were, however, discussing Joe Biden and his friends. The people that you have defended tooth-and-nail, and that you have, in my opinion, given a "free pass" to. How do I know this: "Welch whined that he was called a terrorist..." It is my personal perception, from what I have seen in the threads on this forum, that a huge double standard exists in treatment. The same as in the press. I wonder why vicious, racist, and inflammatory statements from Democrats like Jessie Jackson, Jr., for example, get so little attention? Why is he not being called out? Or Charlie Rangel, Or Biden (rapes in the streets), or Franks, or Reid, Or Pelosi??? The only one who made very few of these, and has been challenged on everyone, is Barrack Obama; that goes to his credit. I may despise that man, but he does not say the outrageous things his party leadership does.
Why do you despise Obie?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I wonder why vicious, racist, and inflammatory statements from Democrats like Jessie Jackson, Jr., for example, get so little attention? Why is he not being called out? Or Charlie Rangel, Or Biden (rapes in the streets), or Franks, or Reid, Or Pelosi???
KG, if outrageous statements from these people were not covered in the press (as you assert), you wouldn't be in a position to know about them. Of course they're covered. In fact, they probably get more coverage than they're due as a result of the right wing echo chamber of Talk Radio and Faux News.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I am simply stating that your allegations are inaccurate. They are at best a wildly exaggerated. What you cited to as proof of your position was, in fact, a recitation of the spin that the GOP has used to similarly misrepresent what was said. What I have staunchly defended is not what Biden allegedly said, but the truth.

Biden denied that he made the statement you have attributed to him. Obama denied that Biden made the statement. Others who were present at the meeting denied that Biden made the statement. (BTW, Welch was NOT present at that meeting.) Is it just because these people are Democrats that you accuse them of lying?

It seems like the higher standard that you have set for the Vice President is to avoid people ever lying about what he said.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Resident octogenarian

Talk is cheap, what about Dr.No and Agent Orange? They were elected to do the peoples business and so far they get a grade of zero. Polls have shown that a very large majority of the people want taxes raised for the wealthy 1%. Yet they both cling to Super Grover's teenaged wet dream of taxation. They do nothing have done nothing for the last four years and should be fired.