Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I think I understand what you're saying. I think we're saying the same thing. It's not right, but when I said Bush was wrong I was called un-American. Now some of the same people who called me that now disagree with Obama. And you don't have to bother saying "I never called anyone un-American for disagreeing with Bush". Funny. No one will admit they said it. Maybe we all dreamed it.

If we could just bury the past and accept that presidents are following the paths set forth before them by individuals who were earning their salaries. And concentrate on the present. It's a "he said...she said...he did...she did mentality. But that will never happen. IMHO I don't care if Mickey Mouse was president...as long as corruption is outlawed... character, TRUTH and the Constitution is upheld. This as been in existance for more than two hundred years. As for health care...I said this before...when I know what it covers and who it covers...I will give my opinion. Personally MY HUBBY should be in charge...he's a genius at ways and means.

Last edited by painter; 10-05-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:38 PM

Bury the past. Yeah, I guess you're right. Move on from today. Yup. No doubt about it.

But just once in a while I'd like to hear "you know, I *did* say those things. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you know what? I was wrong".

Not going to hold my breath waiting.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Funny...

Major political commentators weren't yelling at George Bush to fail--he did that on his own. Those who criticized Bush were called un-American.

Now, the tables have turned and there is yelling and screaming for failure from the "right" and they are high-fiving over the Olympics going to South America. Fail, fail, fail ad nauseum. Funny, the "left" isn't yelling that the "right" is un-American.

The "right" are sore losers, some are bigots and they're going to scream and stamp their feet like spoiled brats until they get their way. If they had their way, we would be in an even worse mess than we are now. It was their de-regulation that started this whole economic mess--greedy people.

Private companies have been in charge of my health insurance for the last 9 years--a so called competitive de-regulated market. My premiums have increased 240% for far less coverage--greedy pigs. It's time for a Public Option, and I demand it, to force private companies to be competitive.

Forget avoiding a Republican filibuster--challenge them, take it to them. Let the Republicans filibuster and bring gridlock and expose THEM for being a roadblock to true governing and concern for our (their) citizens.

It's just unbelievable.

Last edited by wajobu; 10-05-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Funny...

Funny, the "left" isn't yelling that the "right" is un-American.

I am. I have had it with the Palin worshipers.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Palin rocks!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Palin rocks!
Dude, you rockin' out tonight? lol
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Palin rocks!
you i respect Dogs, her not so much.

I do admit she has a MILFie quality that grows on you, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
you i respect Dogs,******** her not so much.********

I do admit she has a MILFie quality that grows on you, if you know what I mean.

Why do you find so much fault with Palin? Do you know her? I bet our neighbor can tell folks more good about her than they'd probly care to believe. He's a good feller and lives on his 500 acre farm up the holler from us. He and his family knows her, and he ( Aaron ) is involved in school as well as I am, where our kids go to school together here in the sticks. Though he is a transplant, he's been here several years now and the locals respect his honesty, and love of country.

http://aarontippin.musiccitynetworks...&news_id=14445

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hja0XND8Ms
Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Why do you find so much fault with Palin? Do you know her? I bet our neighbor can tell folks more good about her than they'd probly care to believe. He's a good feller and lives on his 500 acre farm up the holler from us. He and his family knows her, and he ( Aaron ) is involved in school as well as I am, where our kids go to school together here in the sticks. Though he is a transplant, he's been here several years now and the locals respect his honesty, and love of country.

Great song!

Noon could be a JEALOUS woman. That would explain the hatred for Palin. Seems like Palin is renting alot of space in her/his brain.
Lets face it guys...Palin is a former beauty queen...has a hunk of a husband and great kids. Not to mention a brain.
Remember hillbilly...was it your momma who told you there are MANY KINDS of smart? That woman was right! Just call an mechanic about your clunker and you'll gain respect pronto!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post

If you "You've Got To Stand For Something" and it is stupidity, I don't respect you.
Tell Sarah I said so.