Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
When I was "working" for our Uncle Sam at Ft. Stewart, Ga. the Sgt. of the Guard had a 5 gallon coffee pot that would get emptied at least a couple of times every night. His personal cup, which he never washed, was so bad that he could put hot water in it, wait a few minutes, and he had himself a cup of coffee! I never saw the big pot get washed either, they would just add more coffee and water to it and keep on truckin'. That crap would crawl out of the pot if you didn't watch it close.
Maybe someone had washed them with bleach at one time or another.

Makes a strong case for filth.

Chas
Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well you do have to be careful using detergent unless you like the taste of Dawn. I use a commercial coffeepot cleaner on ours at decent intervals but never detergent. Of course we drink Gevalia100% Columbian and that is not a strong flavoured bean. If we were drinking Starbucks I doubt we would notice an artificial flavours. The stronger bean, or rather beans is when they send their Royal Vinter around Christmas.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well you do have to be careful using detergent unless you like the taste of Dawn. I use a commercial coffeepot cleaner on ours at decent intervals but never detergent. Of course we drink Gevalia100% Columbian and that is not a strong flavoured bean. If we were drinking Starbucks I doubt we would notice an artificial flavours. The stronger bean, or rather beans is when they send their Royal Vinter around Christmas.
You'll never sell that one to the cons.

I think the only reason they used bleach was because they couldn't get their hands on any lye.

Chas
Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

The new Krups we just got uses a newer plastic for the filter cone holder that does not absorb coloration or flavour from the coffeee. As soon as I pour the last cup I rinse the carafe in fresh water and that's it. This new Krups also has a filter for the water.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

Seriously, get one of these beauties...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get.jpg (2.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Seriously, get one of these beauties...
They last for generations. We still have my mom's. Doesn't get used unless we break a carafe or need lots and lots of coffee, but we still have it.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
They last for generations. We still have my mom's. Doesn't get used unless we break a carafe or need lots and lots of coffee, but we still have it.

Regards,

D-Ray
I'm not into coffee like the guys on this board, but I really like the old percs better. I still buy coffee in a can.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I'm not into coffee like the guys on this board, but I really like the old percs better. I still buy coffee in a can.
I can't imagine coffee not being the beverage of choice in AZ, particularly in July.

We use the can much more often than the grinder. It's cheaper and more convenient. Besides, the handle they have on the larger containers of Maxwell House are good for painting around the house. Lot easier to hold onto than a regular paint can.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I can't imagine coffee not being the beverage of choice in AZ, particularly in July.

We use the can much more often than the grinder. It's cheaper and more convenient. Besides, the handle they have on the larger containers of Maxwell House are good for painting around the house. Lot easier to hold onto than a regular paint can.

Regards,

D-Ray
LOL...yeah, no kidding.
I'm ready to put down the Rock Star and pull out the Perc. I've already bought 2 large bottles of my favorite creamer (Coffeemate Vanilla Carmel).
I enjoy when it cools off and I can drink my Foo-Foo coffee in the morning.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Area Man

I get the good stuff at a discount----Occasionally, I get it for free.

Believe it, or not, $44 for 5lbs of Kauai or Kona whole bean is cheap. It generally runs $25-$30 a pound.

Dave