Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-28-2023, 07:19 AM

Fox News Host Says Network Won’t Let Him Cover Dominion Lawsuit

Can't let the mindless, numbskull, shit-for-brains viewers find out they were fed a steady diet of lies, AKA Kool-aid.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:06 AM

From the Dominion expose, it is obvious to me that Fox's primary and perhaps only concern is viewership and revenues. After making their viewers angry by calling Arizona for Biden during the early stages of the election, they are in damage control mode. So any reporting on the Dominion lawsuit will be counter to their current game plan. Unfortunately being a private business and not registered as a news organization, they can get away with it and their audience will not know the difference anyway, or they could get really upset again.

I am wondering if some heads will begin to roll at Fox soon. Need a few sacrificial lambs for juror sympathy.
Old 03-01-2023, 07:44 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Rupert Murdoch said that telling the truth under oath while being deposed for a lawsuit against Fox News was “by far the worst experience of my life.”

The media mogul disclosed that, when he was asked to raise his right hand and tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, “I thought I was going to be sick.”

“Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson had warned me that telling the truth would be bad,” he said. “But I was unprepared for how harrowing it turned out to be.”

“The way it works is, people ask you questions, and you have to tell them what actually happened and not something you made up,” he explained. “It was beyond beastly.”

Reflecting on the traumatic experience, Murdoch said, “I know there are some people who tell the truth day in and day out, and I don’t know how they manage it. I’ve told the truth once, and I don’t intend to do it again.”
Old 03-01-2023, 08:30 AM
Ready

^^^ truth!
Old 03-01-2023, 09:39 PM

This Is what passes at Faux Noise for "news"?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pre...rong-reactions
Old 03-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Respecting the audience in Fox speak meant telling the audience exactly what it wanted to hear and nothing that would ruffle its delicate feathers. In private, Sean Hannity would confide that “Rudy is acting like an insane person,” but in public—to Fox’s vast audience—Rudy’s ravings were laundered and legitimized. In private, Tucker Carlson fumed that a reporter telling the truth—that the election had not been stolen—was “measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down.”

The executives and others who clung to their integrity, most notably Chris Stirewalt and Bill Sammon, were cashiered. Those who could “protect the brand” by lying were rewarded. Dominion’s thorough airing of internal communications reveals executives who were total cynics, ready to serve the rubes whatever was required to maintain their market share. Fox News President Jay Wallace, after catching a bit of Lou Dobbs Tonight, noted tartly that “The North Koreans do a more nuanced show.”

https://www.thebulwark.com/please-lie-to-me-tucker/

And our boy Whell continues to try to compare the WashPost (and other MSM outlets) to Fox News? Even the Fox News President acknowledged that they were spewing propaganda more shamelessly than North Korea does.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:11 AM
Ready

^^^ bam!
Old 03-02-2023, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Respecting the audience in Fox speak meant telling the audience exactly what it wanted to hear and nothing that would ruffle its delicate feathers. In private, Sean Hannity would confide that “Rudy is acting like an insane person,” but in public—to Fox’s vast audience—Rudy’s ravings were laundered and legitimized. In private, Tucker Carlson fumed that a reporter telling the truth—that the election had not been stolen—was “measurably hurting the company. The stock price is down.”

The executives and others who clung to their integrity, most notably Chris Stirewalt and Bill Sammon, were cashiered. Those who could “protect the brand” by lying were rewarded. Dominion’s thorough airing of internal communications reveals executives who were total cynics, ready to serve the rubes whatever was required to maintain their market share. Fox News President Jay Wallace, after catching a bit of Lou Dobbs Tonight, noted tartly that “The North Koreans do a more nuanced show.”

https://www.thebulwark.com/please-lie-to-me-tucker/

And our boy Whell continues to try to compare the WashPost (and other MSM outlets) to Fox News? Even the Fox News President acknowledged that they were spewing propaganda more shamelessly than North Korea does.
But whell (conveniently) says he doesn't watch fake, ER, FAUX news*. The talking points he regurgitates must come from other Reich-wing media sources. They just happen to sound similar.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
But whell (conveniently) says he doesn't watch fake, ER, FAUX news*. The talking points he regurgitates must come from other Reich-wing media sources. They just happen to sound similar.
All of the various wingnut news sources (and the Congressional wingnut caucus) tell the same stupid lies. Otherwise, their viewers/listeners will abandon them as the Dominion court records clearly show. Today's GOP is a party built on lies, lies they simply can't stop telling or their base will bail on them.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

On 26 of the most popular conservative television news networks, radio shows, podcasts and websites, only four — National Review, Townhall, The Federalist and Breitbart News — have mentioned the private messages from Fox News hosts that disparaged election fraud claims since Feb. 16, when the first batch of court filings were released publicly, according to a review by The New York Times. The majority — 18 in all, including Fox News itself — did not cover the lawsuit at all with their own staff.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/03/b...ive-media.html

Fair and balanced indeed.