Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM

Finally! Prez admits we're broke!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashocs.htm

"'WE'RE OUT OF MONEY'
Sat May 23 2009 10:32:18 ET

In a sobering holiday interview with C-SPAN, President Obama boldly told Americans: "We are out of money."

C-SPAN host Steve Scully broke from a meek Washington press corps with probing questions for the new president.

SCULLY: You know the numbers, $1.7 trillion debt, a national deficit of $11 trillion. At what point do we run out of money?

OBAMA: Well, we are out of money now. We are operating in deep deficits, not caused by any decisions we've made on health care so far. This is a consequence of the crisis that we've seen and in fact our failure to make some good decisions on health care over the last several decades."
Old 05-24-2009, 06:45 AM

Don't worry, Barry, old sock; First of the month's comin' soon, you'll get yr Check then as always...
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that. Wall Street, Phil Gramm killing Glass Stegal, Drug companies - are you aware that 65% of personal bankruptcies are caused by medical bills? The cost of the wars in Iraq (WMD = Whoppers of Mass Deception) and Afghanistan.

We seem to have forgotten our own history, we foolishly think we can give people democracy; really? so who was it that 'gave' it to us?

They had a chance to get Bin Laden and blew it badly. Saddam was a real POS but he was the Iraqui's problem, not ours. Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.
he backed off that years ago, the sad part is they sold it so well many, many people still belive this.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
he backed off that years ago, the sad part is they sold it so well many, many people still belive this.

Yeah, but what really gets me is the history part - you damn well cannot "give" people representative government, if they want it then they bloody well have to find the cojones to "take" it.

Or the alternative, as demonstrated by my Canadian brothers, peacefully take over.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that. Wall Street, Phil Gramm killing Glass Stegal, Drug companies - are you aware that 65% of personal bankruptcies are caused by medical bills? The cost of the wars in Iraq (WMD = Whoppers of Mass Deception) and Afghanistan.

We seem to have forgotten our own history, we foolishly think we can give people democracy; really? so who was it that 'gave' it to us?

They had a chance to get Bin Laden and blew it badly. Saddam was a real POS but he was the Iraqui's problem, not ours. Despite what Cheney would have us believe there never was a connection between Saddam and Al Queda.
I believe there was a connection between Saddam & Al Quida, but it WAS pretty thin. Personally, I don't think that the was in Iraq had that much to do with Al Quida.

My personal assumption is that the was in Iraq was a calculated response to the last 20 yrs of attacks on the USA by Muslim extremists. Start with the Marine barracks, World Trade Center #1, the Cole, WTC #2, plus some others that are slipping my mind. The time had come to do something.

Now, if we were to attack those who attacked us, we should have hit Saudia Arabia. But that wasn't the reason for the War in Iraq, either.

IMHO, the War in Iraq was to:

A: Apply pressure to Iran. If you look at a map, you will see that by occupying Iraq, the US now has Iran surrounded by countries that are at least somewhat friendly to us.

B: Get rid of Saddam. This guy had been a turd in the punch bowel for some time.

C: A very ambitious attempt to remake the order of things in the Middle East. Machavelli warned of such things.

I've yet to pass judgment on what has happened. Time will tell, and I don't feel as though enough time has passed at the moment.

Then again, it may have been nothing more than another money making operation for the big boys. Wouldn't have been the 1st time.

But this thread was about Oboma pointing out that the country is broke.

Like my buddy say's, "He's just now figgerin' that out?"

Chas
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I believe there was a connection between Saddam & Al Quida, but it WAS pretty thin.
Chas, there is/was no connection between 911 and Iraq.

This is exactly why I think Cheney and the gang should be in jail. Far to many American's have been intentionally mislead and now believe this.

We were not attacked by Saudi Arabia either.

We were not attacked by a country but rather by a group.
We responded appropriately to that group although not as completely as we should have.

It is unimaginable that a president would allow the active misdirection of responsibility in order to achieve a personal goal of war. But Bush allowed it.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator

None of the middle east is innocent.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:32 PM

geez, when i saw the title, i figured obama inhaled...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Sure we have a huge deficit, and guess who we can thank for that...
We can thank all the folks who have run our Country like a charity for the powerful and wealthy, instead of a business. Our children's children will still be recovering from the burdens placed on our economy by the past administration.

What boggles my mind is how ready the government is to give away my tax dollars (and a whole lot of future tax dollars) to companies that have failed. This is tantamount to graduating students who have flunked their coursework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhound View Post
geez, when i saw the title, i figured obama inhaled...
We would all be better off if he had.
"Ecpyrosis" will not be found in most dictionaries, but it is a philosophical term of the stoics, from the greek "ekpyrosis", and it means: "conflagration; the periodic resolution of all things into fire".