Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You make plenty of false assumptions. A lot of these workers spend several years in an apprentice program gaining the skills for their trade. Others invest years and years in a job developing a skill set that benefits their employer. A fair contract recognizes the investment of time and effort that workers make toward the profitability of the company. It reflects the value that the workers add to the product. A fair contract certainly allows people to work at a wage level that provides decent housing, nutrition and health care - and education for their kids.

The people I come in contact with are interested in working hard and producing a good product (or building), or in keeping people and property safe, protecting the health of their patients, or providing other services that people expect to find in the marketplace.

You appear to have a warped view of the people who go to work daily to try their best to earn a living. Indeed, you must really have a troubled soul to carry such hatred toward other people who are not as "good" as you. Was all that money really worth it?
I think the false assumption you have is that the people you describe are the norm in the work place. I have absolutely no problem with those you describe making a good living.
But, having employed at least 50 people and likely more over a period of thirty years I can tell you that finding employees that fit the liberal description of the American worker are next to impossible to find.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You couldn't be further from the truth of it, my douchey lil' friend. Small business owner who worked for myself for the last twenty-five years or so. Made a decent living and thoroughly enjoyed working with my hands and brains. Constantly in demand to where I never lacked for work and able to spot stuck up nouveau riche punks like yourself from a mile off.

I actually got a kick out of giving the likes of you the brush off since my work was in such high demand. I'm sure you've been on receiving end of that treatment. There's little doubt that accomplished trade/craftsman won't even take your calls or they tell your lame ass that they're booked six, eight or even ten months in advance.

I've had shit assed chiseling Newport Beach libertarians sniffing after me to do their remodels for years. I wouldn't take their jobs if they paid double in advance and threw in a roll in the hay with their poor neglected trophy wives. I leave that action to the gardeners and pool boys y'all hire.
You have never done anything in your life that I couldn't do better. If I ever needed somebody like you to do some carpentry, sheet rock, plumbing, electrical, I would shoot myself. However, I can't lay brick worth a crap.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
You have never done anything in your life that I couldn't do better. If I ever needed somebody like you to do some carpentry, sheet rock, plumbing, electrical, I would shoot myself. However, I can't lay brick worth a crap.
Stress syndrome?
Old 01-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Condescension from someone who purports to have cornered the market on morality.
You appear to have completely ignored the tone of the poster to whom the post was directed. The false assumptions made in his posts and the insults directed at others certainly suggest malice.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
How do you know?

Besides I think you are crossing an invisible line here that should be visible to you if you are an experienced business owner (as you have claimed). I too am a long time business owner and the way I get things done is to tell my people that they are better at everything than me, but that I am better at signing checks (absorbing the financial responsibility). It's a win win.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
You sound just like your Trumpenfuhrer, the guy who claims to know more about ISIS than the generals (four of whom he just hired, BTW). FWIW, I'm quite certain I could readily find deficiencies in every single piece of construction work you've ever done.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
You appear to have completely ignored the tone of the poster to whom the post was directed. The false assumptions made in his posts and the insults directed at others certainly suggest malice.
I was focused the ...errrr..."substance" of your post and the sweeping generalizations you used to try to make your case. And you had your own "tone" counselor....
Old 01-09-2017, 01:47 PM

From the computer tech world:

The US government's much-anticipated analysis of Russian-sponsored hacking operations provides almost none of the promised evidence linking them to breaches that the Obama administration claims were orchestrated in an attempt to interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

The 13-page report, which was jointly published Thursday by the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, billed itself as an indictment of sorts that would finally lay out the intelligence community's case that Russian government operatives carried out hacks on the Democratic National Committee, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and Clinton Campaign Chief John Podesta and leaked much of the resulting material. While security companies in the private sector have said for months the hacking campaign was the work of people working for the Russian government, anonymous people tied to the leaks have claimed they are lone wolves. Many independent security experts said there was little way to know the true origins of the attacks.

Sadly, the JAR, as the Joint Analysis Report is called, does little to end the debate. Instead of providing smoking guns that the Russian government was behind specific hacks, it largely restates previous private-sector claims without providing any support for their validity. Even worse, it provides an effective bait and switch by promising newly declassified intelligence into Russian hackers' "tradecraft and techniques" and instead delivering generic methods carried out by just about all state-sponsored hacking groups.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
How do you know?

Besides I think you are crossing an invisible line here that should be visible to you if you are an experienced business owner (as you have claimed). I too am a long time business owner and the way I get things done is to tell my people that they are better at everything than me, but that I am better at signing checks (absorbing the financial responsibility). It's a win win.
An accomplished businessman who knows his limitations is a truly rare commodity, my friend. I might even be tempted to come out of retirement if you need some help this summer in Tahoe, if you can put up with a mouthy and sometimes overly abrasive Clinton fan boi.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
An accomplished businessman who knows his limitations is a truly rare commodity, my friend. I might even be tempted to come out of retirement if you need some help this summer in Tahoe, if you can put up with a mouthy and sometimes overly abrasive Clinton fan boi.
Probably a change from preying on old widow women.