Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:37 AM

Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Trump is 200% a one-term prez.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrad View Post
Three branches? Two of them are Republican-controlled now and the third will reflect Repub views shortly. This will be untenable for the next maybe six years. The only saving grace may be that many, many in the Senate and House very much dislike him and they (hopefully) may behave as if Democrats for the needed checks and balances.

Prediction:
Only Schumer can save us now if no blue dogs capitulate.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You sound like a Trumpist. No one man can "save us", certainly not a corporate shill.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. Some even had their old past middle aged kids to video them just incase nobody believed Trump had women support in those hard to believe areas. Thanks tv news, thanks for lying to people trying to dictate how they think... you did nothing but pissed off the people by lying, and Clinton drove the final nail by calling his supporters deplorable. You don't call hard working women deplorables..
Old 11-09-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. Some even had their old past middle aged kids to video them just incase nobody believed Trump had women support in those hard to believe areas. Thanks tv news, thanks for lying to people trying to dictate how they think... you did nothing but pissed off the people by lying, and Clinton drove the final nail by calling his supporters deplorable. You don't call hard working women deplorables..
I live in California.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Now that this is over here's the deal. Since the small handful of people on this site have a small few that seem to think Americans made such a bad choice then here's something you need to remember before going outside. Everyone you see, any direction you look from your front door the chances are one neighbor or the other voted for him. No matter how well educated your most beautiful female neighbor is the chances are she may have voted for him too. Can you really walk out your door knowing this and hate everyone because you are surrounded by people that didn't come outside telling the world that they supported him and just went and silently voted for him so they could do so without hearing you call them uneducated? Go read the deplorables, you may see your neighbors picture holding their ballot marked trump. Such beautiful women of all ages ranging 18 to 90's. Yes, even 90's, and yes even in Maryland Rob. .
Dave there is only one woman in Maryland, or rather there was only one, whose thoughts I would presume to have known and she would never have dirtied her hands marking a ballot in Trump's favour. She put up with enough adolescents (macho men) in her life before I came along so she knew the type. Maybe the Lord will take pity on us all and cause Trump to grow up.

I still wonder how you expect change when y'all have re-elected 99% of the same obstructionist SOBs that have been taking their fancy salaries for doing absolutely nothing.

But yes I am sure some women here voted for him, we have our share of stupid people.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Ready

Quote:
I fully recognize that many Trump voters were just ordinarily good people behaving like ordinary people do, when they FEEL THEIR CULTURE AND RACE ARE UNDER THREAT. 61% of the public has a negative view of Trump, last poll I saw, so a lot of people voted for someone they don't like. What makes people do that? Fear, anger, resentment, stuff like that, that's what.

I don't call hard working people deplorables. I call deplorables deplorables. Whether they work hard or not has nothing to do with it. All Trump supporters are not deplorable, neither Hillary nor I say that. But some are.

My feeling is there's a fair number out there like the white guy in the video. Is he deplorable, or not? Please answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyrpFtluunM

Last edited by donquixote99; 11-09-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Amy isn't saving anything, she's moving to Spain.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Amy isn't saving anything, she's moving to Spain.
As long as she steers clear of France.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybrad View Post
Prediction:
One-term? Hell, he'll be impeached shortly after the 2018 mid-terms. You heard it here first.