Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Admin

Big Pharma In All It's Glory

"U.S. lawmakers ask Gilead to justify hepatitis C drug's $84,000 price"

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...#ixzz2wd94q8Dn

Sickening on so many levels.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Area Man

Well, the mmore desperate people are to get it, the more willing they'll be to pay! Unless they can't pay. Then, they just die! But hey, we have too many poor people as it is. Why waste the money on someone who offers little or no return on the investment?

See, it's easy to think like a wingnut, Bob. Just lose your sense of humanity and bada-bing! You're a conservative!

Dave
Old 03-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Admin

Gaw! I'm sick of living in a buccaneer economy.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:35 PM
reflexionar

So if you sell 1000 pills at 1000/pill that is a million. If you sell 1000000 pills at 10/pill, that is 10000000. Seems to me you can make more money selling them cheaper.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Banned

Obamacare.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Obamacare.
How is Obamacare responsible for this?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:04 PM

I'm just wondering how much the price is going to rise after the law passes in TN that requires you to go to the doctor to get anything we've always been able to buy over the counter. 80% of the meth in TN is imported to TN ready made so I can't see how the new law is going to help anything, exept make people spend more money and clog up the doctors office.

Last edited by hillbilly; 03-21-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I'm just wondering how much the price is going to rise after the law passes in TN that requires you to go to the doctor to get anything we've always been able to buy over the counter. 80% of the meth in TN is imported to TN ready made so I can't see how the new law is going to help anything, exept make people spend more money and clog up the doctors office.
Hey HB, how's it goin'? I thought the FDA already made ephedrine unavailable over the counter? The Mexican cartels took over that nasty trade years ago out here on the coast, I guess it's the same in Tennessee too. Heck, I'm so old I remember when codeine cough syrup was available OTC.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hey HB, how's it goin'? I thought the FDA already made ephedrine unavailable over the counter? The Mexican cartels took over that nasty trade years ago out here on the coast, I guess it's the same in Tennessee too. Heck, I'm so old I remember when codeine cough syrup was available OTC.
They crackin' down much harder than that now. Stuff like childrens motrin and even nyquill is on the list and folks are really getting upset as it's crazy to go to the doctor over just anything minor. Between songs on the radio they cut in to inform us how bad the problem has got and what the state is working on to stop it but it will affect us all in TN. It'll affect us all here, but it wont knock a dent in the meth problem.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:29 PM

You know drugs are getting bad when they go in and arrest 6 Ford dealership employees for dealing drugs, including a manager. People are nuts anymore.

Also, the Chevy dealer ( which I miss the good people that used work there dearly ) closed down, so that Ford dealer is the only choice we have in our county now. Not that we need a new car ( I'm still very happy with my 94 S10 ), but still.

Last edited by hillbilly; 03-21-2014 at 10:37 PM.