Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Looking to change the topic now Bob?
Naw Mike, it's just kind of lame to hear crowing about it from across the aisle. This 'un has been the 'pubbies to lose or win all along.

IIRC this midterm was supposed to be a wave of epic proportions for the Repugnant party last spring. Now it's looking a bit fizzled and shrunken. Nothing will get done between now and 2017 when Obama heads off to enjoy his library.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Good one Tom! Love it man.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
BY the way, what makes you so sure she'll get the nomination? What's to stop the Democrats from throwing her under the bus like they did in 2008?
Go ahead and engage in all the wishful thinking you want Whelly.

'Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up faster.'
Old 10-22-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Good one TJ. Probably lacking the SCOTUS stamp of approval.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I believe that they succeeded with the collective propaganda that he is pro
African first which makes sufficient people less incline to support him. Repubs
Ebola pronouncements adds to that line.
You have just restated the thing you believe. I asked you why you believe it. What tells you that they have succeeded?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Says the dude in the tin foil hat.
And I appreciate.you sending me one of yours to try out. I was hoping you might send another though. You see, I can't tell any difference between on and off, and now I'm concerned that there might not actually be anything going on in there.

Last edited by nailer; 10-22-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: clarity and GD spelling the second time.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And I appreciate.you sending me one of yours to try out. I was hoping you might send another though. You see, I can't tell any difference between on or off and now I'm concerned that there might not actally be anything going on in there.
Might be time for a recap Nailer. Have you tried switching the tubes between channels in the hat?

Last edited by bobabode; 10-22-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Rational Anarchist

When it comes to between the ears, I'm staying with what the OEM stuffed in there.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I wonder if voting preference has been analyzed on the dimensions of identity and status. I'm thinking that a lot of people vote Republican not because of issue positions, or because they like Republican nominees, but because they feel it's 'better' to be a Republican. In other words, Republican propaganda efforts to mark 'Democratic voters' as 'low status' and 'losers' have been effective.
I believe you may be on to something.

Dave
Old 10-23-2014, 01:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks before Election Day, most of the nation's likely voters now expect the Republican Party to take control of the U.S. Senate, according to a new Associated Press-GfK poll. And by a growing margin, they say that's the outcome they'd like to see.

But the survey suggests many will cringe when they cast those ballots. Most likely voters have a negative impression of the Republican Party, and 7 in 10 are dissatisfied by its leaders in Congress.

The Democrats win few accolades themselves. Impressions of the party among likely voters have grown more negative in the past month. In fact, Democrats are more trusted than the GOP on just two of nine top issues, the poll showed.

Two other items of interest from the poll: it doesn't appear that the "War on Women" BS that the Dems were pushing was an effective political tactic. Looks like women have been trending toward Repubs:

In the new poll, the two parties are about even among women, 44 percent prefer the Republicans, 42 percent the Democrats.

Also, this:

Same-sex marriage? Only 32 percent said that was an extremely or very important issue to them personally, identical to the percentage saying so in September, before the Supreme Court effectively allowed same-sex marriages to proceed in five more states.
I know you only care about winning and a victory of 1% or less is a victory nonetheless, but..............

I think you need to examine the point that people might vote Republican because they think the GOP might suck just a tiny bit less. I'd say it means your party still sucks ass and everybody knows it. They're just the other wing of the same bird.

Dave