Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I understand you and agree, that we should treat people with kindness. From what I can see there's many muslims that are just trying to get by and do right as they see it. However government divorced from religion was also a disaster.I think it comes down to, as bad as it is, people are a disaster. We're just lucky to be born where and when we were.

Pete
Not true, as it only became a disaster when both King Henry the Eighth or the Mullahs took over the reins of government, just to name a couple examples of what you get in a theocracy. Three days in the stocks for you Pete.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-15-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Sources, please!
Here ya go...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_w...m_witch_trials

http://departments.kings.edu/womens_...or.html#burned

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?...Hcme7tE&page=1

http://www.localhistories.org/salem.html

http://etext.virginia.edu/salem/witc...archivist.html

Try Google, There are many, many more.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:35 PM

People who own homes are able to use itemized deductions on their taxes. Forgot who asked on how the deductions happen. But only relevent to who wants to utilize it.

Bobode, not to worry.

In Christianitythe emphasis should be taken away from religiosity and towards more of a relational aspect. Remember that Jesus was against the Pharisees. Whom were the epitome of religiosity. But some aspects of religion are beneficial. Like the gathering together with other christians for worship. But a reliance to it, to be seen as good enough by God, should be avoided. As our doing good is seen as a fithy rag. And what type of filthy rag should we liken it to? How about a rag taken out of a septic tank, pour some radioactive waste to it. And now consider it filthy. Would we want to go any where near the rag. I sure wouldnt. A good thing God is graceful. At our repentence and confession of our sins Gods grace abounds through his son Jesus...
Old 06-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Here ya go...
Thanks!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I understand you and agree, that we should treat people with kindness. From what I can see there's many muslims that are just trying to get by and do right as they see it. However government divorced from religion was also a disaster.

I think it comes down to, as bad as it is, people are a disaster. We're just lucky to be born where and when we were.

Pete
When someone asked Jesus which were the greatest Commandments He said "“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets” (Matthew 22:36-40).

Now think about the second one, would it be possible to love your neighbour if you did not love yourself? I personally do not think I could do so.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Merrylander, That is one of the crux's of love thy neighbor as thyself. As for some people it can be hard to forgive oneself and love one self. Kind of like its easier to forgive others then one self.

And im sure every one has those moments in life, when they dont love them selves. But move on and except that fact(Im wording it wrong, not intentionally) or do something they feel cant forgive them selves, but get over it.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Admin

I almost feel sympathy for you Budge.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

No stocks for me Bob - I was thinking of Communism

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post

Remember that Jesus was against the Pharisees. Whom were the epitome of religiosity. ...
Yeah, and they killed him too.

Pete
Old 06-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Read it, it defines itself pretty well...

Strange but Biblical creationism was taught into the 1900s, directly out of the Bible, across our land. This wonderful alphabet came out of one of the most widely used textbooks, again into the 1900s:

"The New-England Primer, Improved; or, an Easy and Pleasant Guide to the Art of Reading. Adorned with cuts. To which is added, the Catechism. Boston: Printed for Hall & Hiller, 1810.

Although the author of the is unknown, it is clearly a reflection of the Puritan Church which exercised authority over everyday life in early New England. First published in England between 1687 and 1690, it quickly became the most important textbook in the American colonies and went through hundreds of editions over two hundred years. While the words used were simple, the lessons taught were serious, emphasizing respect to parental figures, sin and salvation."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

http://www.lib.udel.edu/ud/spec/exhi.../01_child.html

Pete
The Puritans; A tyranny we threw off long ago. And it needs to stay "thrown off".

Dave
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I don't hate anyones faith folks,
I do.

But, I respect their right to exercize it, so long as they don't pass any laws forcing me to participate or live my life according to it.

Dave