Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Is not the ACA an example of individual responsibility that the Republicans have been ramming down our throats all these years? Oh wait...Obama called their bluff by actually enacting legislation to do just that....

odd I would not consider being unable to lose coverage because of a pre-existing condition a shake down...then again I like the good America
It is a shake down. It just didn't go far enough.

In the spirit of making PPACA actually affordable, the Obama administration should have eliminated all employer provided plans, especially for government workers, and mandated that everyone sign up for it. The more people in the pool, the lower the costs for everyone.

I do like the part about pre-existing conditions. Of course, one of my few friends, a staunch Democrat BTW, is bitching about losing his coverage which he like to never got due to a pre-existing condition, because it doesn't meet the PPACA guidelines. It's not like him to complain about anything the Democrats do...especially to me.

The last time I talked to him he had given up on the website and hired an insurance broker to arrange the coverage for him.

And in case you are wondering, I've yet to pass judgment on PPACA. I suspect that it's not going to work very well, but it hasn't been around long enough for me to develop an opinion. Other than it's a piss poor excuse for single payer.

Chas
Old 12-28-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post

oh by the way Obamacare is FIXED!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4508771.html

Obamacare is like not ever going away....
So the Politbur....er....um...the White House says that they're "confident" the web site is fixed, and you fall for that hook, line and sinker? LOL.

By the way, in case you've not noticed, Obamacare is much, much more that a web site. Remember all the cancelled policies, the reduction of Medicare funding, the increased cost of coverage for many, the loss of access to doctors and hospitals.... That's not been fixed yet, and it won't be. To your point, that part of Obamacare is not ever going away.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Admin

Nice spin attempt. As usual you're only telling half the story. BTW 7 minutes wait time ain't chit. This isn't like shopping on Amazon for the latest tome from Palin.

Politburo? That's rich. I suspect you've never seen or talked to a real communist or even a soshulist. Obama is a corporatist, thru and through. As Ice said, this was a gift to the health insurance industry straight outta the old Heritage Foundation and modeled on Romney's plan in Mass.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

In the spirit of making PPACA actually affordable, the Obama administration should have eliminated all employer provided plans, especially for government workers, and mandated that everyone sign up for it. The more people in the pool, the lower the costs for everyone.

I do like the part about pre-existing conditions. Of course, one of my few friends, a staunch Democrat BTW, is bitching about losing his coverage which he like to never got due to a pre-existing condition, because it doesn't meet the PPACA guidelines. It's not like him to complain about anything the Democrats do...especially to me.

The last time I talked to him he had given up on the website and hired an insurance broker to arrange the coverage for him.

And in case you are wondering, I've yet to pass judgment on PPACA. I suspect that it's not going to work very well, but it hasn't been around long enough for me to develop an opinion. Other than it's a piss poor excuse for single payer.

Chas
It is going to work
once people start using it it will avalanche....

everyone will bitch and moan, but that is par for the course

the important thing is that we cannot go back from this....
we can only go forward.....

single payer is too liberal for most Americans to accept.....and the GOP has always been against it...but that was in the days when doctors and the insurance companies were a part of the great economic post-war expansion of the middle class ie when the doctors were making tons of money off of insured auto and steel workers, etc...not so today...

that why doctors and the insurance companies did not block the ACA....

the emotional animus against it remains however in the GOP...

unless they change their outlook eventually they are going to be so marginalized....you cannot live off the votes of a bunch of elderly white guys like you and me...and as you can see not even all the old white guys (i.e. me) vote GOP
Old 12-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Damn, Chas. We are in agreement........100% agreement on this issue, actually. WTF?

Dave
Old 12-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Damn, Chas. We are in agreement........100% agreement on this issue, actually. WTF?

Dave
I agree with him as well.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Admin

So does this soshulist hippie but then I'm on my second Jameson and a little of Cali's finest...
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I agree with him as well.
I'd say most of the country does.......
Old 12-28-2013, 08:44 PM

try getting single payer past the false debt crisis wing of the GOP

people like that idiot from Oklahoma and Paul Ryan
Old 12-28-2013, 08:49 PM

I mean a nation that can elect Louis Goehmert and Ted Cruz ain't gonna go for the National Health.....