Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
So, you deflect when asked direct questions. Great.
I'm pretty sure I answered your question, and very directly.

>>So, until the full story about these phones and texts is fully known, I have no idea if the story is important.<<

Quote:
Another question, then - the Obama administration was never even remotely as corrupt as the most corrupt administration in history (hint: the MAGAMoron admin). But hypothetically, would you have been so quick to deflect the questions had these treasonous actions happened then?
What "treasonous actions" are you referring to? Specifically, wiping phones? Or something else.

Remember that similar conduct was investigated by the FBI in 2016. But back then, apparently, the standard for bringing charges was so high that "our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. Prosecutors necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing charges. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past."

Are you now suggesting that this standard should change? If so, why?

Quote:
I have zero doubt that these text messages were wiped by them. But you keep on living in your little fantasy world.
My world is based on evidence that I can see, touch or feel. Your world appears to be governed by "zero doubt" based on your assumptions about other folks' intentions.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Jan. 6 text messages wiped from phones of key Trump Pentagon officials

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/polit...xts/index.html

Hey, Whell!

Is this or is this not VERY IMPORTANT reporting!? Why do you think the phones of these traitorous bastards were wiped clean? Do you think they might have something to hide about that day, when your "heroes" were engaged in an attempt to overthrow the government? Do we not have a right to know? Isn't there a law, Mr. "law and order", requiring these records to be archived?

Just asking questions...
Further to my earlier response, this from WaPo, and printed in the Detroit News:

Court records published on the website of the watchdog group American Oversight indicate that the Pentagon "wiped" the government-issued phones of senior Defense Department and Army officials who were in charge of mobilizing the National Guard to respond to the Capitol attack, including then-acting defense secretary Christopher C. Miller and then-Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy. The erasing apparently was done in keeping with Defense Department and Army policy for departing employees, according to filings that state: "the text messages were not preserved."

So, the Pentagon didn't treat the phones of these departing Trump admin folks any different than any other departing DoD official. Your willingness to rush to judgment and presume bad behavior not withstanding, of course....
Old 08-03-2022, 08:18 AM

There are people who say those even slightly to the left of the conservative Reich-Wing don't want to engage in honest discussion when all they say is they are right and everyone else is wrong. Don't they realize that they are in the minority in America? Do they even care?
Old 08-03-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
There are people who say those even slightly to the left of the conservative Reich-Wing don't want to engage in honest discussion when all they say is they are right and everyone else is wrong. Don't they realize that they are in the minority in America? Do they even care?
Not sure where you get that info from. According to Gallup, who's been tracking this for years, those who report themselves as "liberal" have never been a majority:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388988/...rates-tie.aspx

Gallup also reports this polling based on issues. On Social issues, more folks reported themselves as moderates, but not by much. There may be a trend toward Americans becoming more moderate or liberal on social issues than conservative. Folks still report themselves as majority conservative on economic issues.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Not sure where you get that info from. According to Gallup, who's been tracking this for years, those who report themselves as "liberal" have never been a majority:

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388988/...rates-tie.aspx

Gallup also reports this polling based on issues. On Social issues, more folks reported themselves as moderates, but not by much. There may be a trend toward Americans becoming more moderate or liberal on social issues than conservative. Folks still report themselves as majority conservative on economic issues.
I'll spell it out for you whell. R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S The Democratic voters are in the majority so that makes Republican voters the minority. Much to the chagrin of the GOP we are still a country of majority rule. Although they are doing their best to change this.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I'll spell it out for you whell. R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S The Democratic voters are in the majority so that makes Republican voters the minority. Much to the chagrin of the GOP we are still a country of majority rule. Although they are doing their best to change this.
Sorry, but "no" to that one too. You can't make that categorical statement because the political winds shift over time. Most recently, the majority of folks report themselves as "R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S". To be fair, more folks report themselves as "Independent" than either Repub or Dem.

The broader trend toward an increasing share of political independents has been clear over the past decade, with more Americans viewing themselves as independents than did so in the late 1980s through 2000s. At least four in 10 Americans have considered themselves independents in all years since 2011, except for the 2016 and 2020 presidential election years. Before 2011, independent identification had never reached 40%.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Sorry, but "no" to that one too. You can't make that categorical statement because the political winds shift over time. Most recently, the majority of folks report themselves as "R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S". To be fair, more folks report themselves as "Independent" than either Repub or Dem.

The broader trend toward an increasing share of political independents has been clear over the past decade, with more Americans viewing themselves as independents than did so in the late 1980s through 2000s. At least four in 10 Americans have considered themselves independents in all years since 2011, except for the 2016 and 2020 presidential election years. Before 2011, independent identification had never reached 40%.
Wrong again ol' buddy. The registered voters that are Dems still outnumber the registered Republicans. You bucking for a seat on the Supreme Court? You seem to go to a SC Justice Samuel Alito level of effort to find things to justify your views that you call facts. Don't worry about that "qualifications" thing. To the GOP that doesn't matter anymore. Sorry about that majority rule thing. For the time being that's how it works.

EDIT: It almost worked. You almost got me to let you define my statement. Subtly shading it to something you can defend. Clever fella. The "those even slightly to the left of the conservative Reich-Wing" is referring to those that aren't the ultra right wing extremists of the party. Said extremists while seeming to over populate Congress still don't comprise the majority of the party. The wingnuts are just the ones that make the most noise.

Last edited by RickeyM; 08-03-2022 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:55 AM

Meanwhile, if you're an honest Repube, who tells the truth about the Crime Boss and his corruption, you're out on your ass. MAGAMorons are obviously incredibly stupid, Whell, but incredibly loyal to their Dear Leader.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...zona-rcna40647
Old 08-03-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Meanwhile, if you're an honest Repube, who tells the truth about the Crime Boss and his corruption, you're out on your ass. MAGAMorons are obviously incredibly stupid, Whell, but incredibly loyal to their Dear Leader.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:

Yes, I know the mainstream media wants to spin this as Trump's retribution. The thing is, Bowers was never a leading candidate among likely Republican voters in Arizona, who tend to be more conservative.

“Bowers is the ultimate insider’s insider,” said one prominent lobbyist, who added that “Bowers will have more money than God for his race, which he may need because his voting record is actually pretty terrible if you’re in a conservative Republican primary.”

While Bowers is popular among “establishment” Republicans and the Chambers of Commerce, Farnsworth remains very popular with the grassroots of the Party. Farnsworth recently served as the District Chairman for the district, and during his time in the State Senate, he had one of the most reliably conservative voting records of any Republican.

Again, Chicks, facts over spin will help you every time.