Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Admin

Indeed Barney.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Persona non grata

Apparently Bush gets credit for getting these Black and Hispanic servicemen the medals they earned even though they are receiving them a full five years after he left office, however his responsibility for the mess the economy is in ended immediately upon Obama taking the oath of office.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Your taunting is evidence of neurotic spite and malice. Your inferiority complex has really messed you up, motivating you to try to be aggressive and hurtful toward others. You should seek counseling.
Is our little pet troll at it again? He's probably tumbled to the fact that his soulmate Spammygirl isn't coming back to stroke his ego anymore.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Apparently Bush gets credit for getting these Black and Hispanic servicemen the medals they earned even though they are receiving them a full five years after he left office, however his responsibility for the mess the economy is in ended immediately upon Obama taking the oath of office.
Funny how that works with the Obama Derangement Syndrome sufferers. It just curdles their shit when he performs the duties of his office.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Why did it take so long? Paperwork get lost?

Barney
Bush signed the bill into law at the end of 2002 but it did take them a long time to find and review individual to get the honor. They had a big history search to do to substantiate stories and accounts, find people or family. They also had to be acute in who they honored so really 12 years is not bad looking over 75+ years of history. Point being the President whom ever it is at the time pins the awards on the solders or issues them to survivors.

So to say this is Obama's doing or to insinuate it is ludicrous.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Admin

Seems like the gentleman credited with ramrodding this, is giving the President some credit.

"Libman said the president told him in May 2012 that the heroism of Kravitz and others would be recognized.
“He was really very good,” Libman said of Obama. “He said: ‘You know, this is not something we can do overnight. We can’t do it next week.’ I said, ‘That’s fine, the week after would be great.’ He totally cracked up.”"
Old 03-18-2014, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dip shit the DOD was not done with there findings until recently lol.

With your dip shit logic then why did it take Obama 5 1/2 years to do it?
Old 03-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Seems like the gentleman credited with ramrodding this, is giving the President some credit.

"Libman said the president told him in May 2012 that the heroism of Kravitz and others would be recognized.
“He was really very good,” Libman said of Obama. “He said: ‘You know, this is not something we can do overnight. We can’t do it next week.’ I said, ‘That’s fine, the week after would be great.’ He totally cracked up.”"
This is the first Senator to push it though back in 2002.
http://www.billnelson.senate.gov/
Old 03-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
+1

Bet the baggers hate this.
Quote:
That Kenyan is playing the race card again.
Indeed.

The 'bagger nation is probably seething about this one.

"Miriam Theresa Adams, a step-niece of Gandara’s, said his parents had emigrated from Mexico in the early 1900s to Santa Monica, Calif., and lived in a Mexican American neighborhood. The family was proud of their U.S. citizenship and the sacrifice they made for the United States, she said.
“When they brought him home, he had one flag on his coffin,” Adams told reporters. “We are proud of that. He was proud of his heritage, but he was an American.”" Wapo link in OP
Old 03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
That Kenyan is playing the race card again.
Quote:
Your taunting is evidence of neurotic spite and malice. Your inferiority complex has really messed you up, motivating you to try to be aggressive and hurtful toward others. You should seek counseling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
All the while watching the coverage today, kept being reminded of what the award is and of what it takes to earn. No small or insignificant action will be considered.

Over and over again stories of Americans who when the $hit hit the fan . Worried not if they are of Republican Democrat Gay Straight Black White Brown Christian Jewish or different in any way! For it did not matter the call to duty was answered.

Was tough to listen to the heroic acts and not tear up.

Barney
I totally agree with you Oerets, Fellow Man then American and then nothing else matters.

To bad we have individuals with comments like the ones above. On top of that they don't want to give credit were credits do. Just like the honorees today were discriminated from receiving.

If one looks at what Bush was signing into law for the solders and there families. They would need to eat there pride and see how he wanted to do everything he could for them. If one looked at the defense authorization act 2002 they would see the equality and support he had put in place.