Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:40 PM

Right wing extremist hosts.

Seems to be lots of them these days, from the old standard Rushbo, to newer guys like Beck (he's new on TV anyhow). Which ones do you guys like or hate. Are any of them really "fair and balanced", like O'Reilly claims to be? I listen to Rush most everyday and agree with about 90% of what he has to say, but he's not really very entertaining to me. Hanity has sort of worn me thin, and needs to get some new material (not that I hate him or anything). I guess I enjoy Beck and Bill on TV, and Laura for AM talk. Oh, and I like Savage if I happen to be listening in the evenings. As Mr. Bill would say "What say You"?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I like Beck's sense of humor. I also think he is on spot in a lot of what he says. Rush just doesn't suit my taste although I agree with most of what he has to say. Laura is in the right place but tends to get a little worked up sometimes as does O'Reilly. Maybe they are being loud to gain attention, but I think the arguement ought to speak for itself. Savage is out there sometimes.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I like Beck's sense of humor. I also think he is on spot in a lot of what he says. Rush just doesn't suit my taste although I agree with most of what he has to say. Laura is in the right place but tends to get a little worked up sometimes as does O'Reilly. Maybe they are being loud to gain attention, but I think the arguement ought to speak for itself. Savage is out there sometimes.
Looks like we're on the same page pretty much. I just recently (post Obama) started enjoying Savage, and I'm not sure if it's his delivery, or his views (a little of both I imagine). The thing with Laura (and Ann Colter) probably has something to do with an attraction to smart women. I thought Colter was a bubbly headed hotty until I really listened to her a few times. The fact that she wears short skirts and has legs 2 stories tall probably didn't help that assessment. Beck though, is the one that I have had the biggest change of opinion on. The first time I saw him on FOX, he was crying, so I wrote him off as a weirdo girly man. After watching him a few times though, I think he really does care (more than the average person), and so what if he gets emotional from time to time. I think I'm going to read his new book this weekend (Beck's Common Sense).
Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

Sorry if this offends, but how anyone can pay any attention to that Coulter bitch is beyond my comprehension. As for the rest of the lot, the only I have ever heard Limbaugh I was riding in a coworkers car and she had him on the radio. When I asked her who tha barking idiot was she got huffy and told me it was him. Listen to these people? It would be as enlightening to go out back, take the cover off the septic tank and stick my head in.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I think Beck is emotionally challenged. I would be surprised if psychological issues do not come forward or surface.
O'Reilly is sharp but his claim to being fair and balanced is interesting. It seems he wants to show both sides but they wants to "teach" his audience that his view is correct. This results in his ego not allowing him to be fair and balanced.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:35 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I will agree that O'Reilly may have an over-abundance of testosterone that rears its ugly head on occasion. (Puns are where you see them)

As for Beck, I'm not qualified to know if he has issues or not but I like a lot of what he is fighting for.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM

O Reilly certainly isn't a conservative IMHO. I agree about his ego being huge enough to "cloud" his thinking from time to time.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Resident octogenarian

The only problem with the Right is that they have not had a new idea in 100 years, that's why I never listen to them - it has all been said before.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:28 AM

The one I like is that damn guy that sounds like he's gonna have a stroke any second, he gets SO wound up-Michael Savage...Or that other dude, HE gets eye-popping wound up, too-Mark Levin...I hate to tell him, but he loses a LOT of credibility w/his squeaky, nasally, "little girl" voice...If you're gonna issue forth w/Portents of Doom like he does, you need a Portent of Doom voice- James Earl Jones comes to mind, or William Conrad, Vaughn Monroe, Herschel Bernardi, but most of those guys are dead.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The only problem with the Right is that they have not had a new idea in 100 years, that's why I never listen to them - it has all been said before.
If we could just stick with that idea that's 200 years old (the constitution). The "new" ideas I see lately suck.