in keeping this site going.
View Poll Results: Obama - For or Against
He ain't so bad 3 16.67%
He stinks 12 66.67%
Too early to say 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Maybe Will Rogers was right when he said "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a Democrat."
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Why do you think that is?
In my opinion...he made a compaign promise ( others made... appear to be moot) to Hispanics ( they are not letting him forget) regarding the illegal immigration issues and NEEDS to get healthcare in place. Why else would healthcare come before the economy and job losses?
Then again...I keep my ducks pretty much in a row.

His popularity is dwindling. As with all politicians...once elected... they work on their NEXT campaign. The Hispanic population in the US continues to grow...

Last edited by painter; 07-02-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
In my opinion...he made a compaign promise ( others made... appear to be moot) to Hispanics ( they are not letting him forget) regarding the illegal immigration issues and NEEDS to get healthcare in place. Why else would healthcare come before the economy and job losses?
Then again...I keep my ducks pretty much in a row.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/...on/011910.html

His popularity is dwindling. As with all politicians...once elected... they work on their NEXT campaign. The Hispanic population in the US continues to grow...
I am not sure what you are saying. I also am confused what health care legislation has to do with the Hispanic population. ????????
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator

My guess is free healthcare would benefit illegals greatly. Hell it would benefit anyone with no healthcare more IMO then those of us who all ready have it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I am not sure what you are saying. I also am confused what health care legislation has to do with the Hispanic population. ????????

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-migrants.html

Thanks Grumpy...you got it!
What chance do you think legalizing illegals without health care would have?

The health care issue IS seemingly more important to the Obama Administration than the economy or unemployment issues. One has to ask why? I feel it ties in with the illegal immigration problem. Get everyone covered...and the next step ( legalizing the illegals) is less questionable by the American people. The medicaid system is over burdened.

Did you not see the news about Hispanics pressuring Obama to follow through with campaign promises? He got 67% of the Hispanic vote versus 31%. There is always a reason why an item makes top of the list importance. I say insured the uninsured and let those of us who pay for what we want alone.

Scenario...I'm having a dinner party tonight and invited twelve people. An invited friend calls and has four unexpected out of town guests arrive and asks if its ok to bring them along. I say yes. My dilema is to provide for four extra dinners. I simply cut the meat a little thinner and the other serving portions smaller. They all eat...but some are not used to getting what they had always gotten.

Last edited by painter; 07-02-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by painter View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-migrants.html

Thanks Grumpy...you got it!
What chance do you think legalizing illegals without health care would have?

The health care issue IS seemingly more important to the Obama Administration than the economy or unemployment issues. One has to ask why? I feel it ties in with the illegal immigration problem. Get everyone covered...and the next step ( legalizing the illegals) is less questionable by the American people. The medicaid system is over burdened.

Did you not see the news about Hispanics pressuring Obama to follow through with campaign promises? He got 67% of the Hispanic vote versus 31%. There is always a reason why an item makes top of the list importance. I say insured the uninsured and let those of us who pay for what we want alone.

Scenario...I'm having a dinner party tonight and invited twelve people. An invited friend calls and has four unexpected out of town guests arrive and asks if its ok to bring them along. I say yes. My dilema is to provide for four extra dinners. I simply cut the meat a little thinner and the other serving portions smaller. They all eat...but some are not used to getting what they had always gotten.
Thanks I understand your point now.