Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Sorry Chas, but it was not me who went about flying airliners into tall buildings. Nor do I believe a woman should be stoned to death because she was raped. Or any other of their medieval beliefs.
Cut me some slack, this was my first attempt at being politically correct. Judging from your response, I'm not very good at it, so I may as well give it up.

I feel better already!!!

I doubt that you hate the bastards any more than I do. I suppose that they will be at war with the rest of the world until the end of time.

Chas
Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

I doubt that you hate the bastards any more than I do. I suppose that they will be at war with the rest of the world until the end of time.

Chas
I think we need to be careful about who these "bastards" are. in September 01 I lived across from the the towers, saw the second plane hit and had gathered my family and was in the car heading out of town before the first tower fell and the roads were closed down.
We had armed soldiers for months on the streets but still i was pissed that we did not have any tanks in front of the mosque where the first attack had been planned (for intimidation). To this day I am irrationally upset at the image of people in my hometown celebrating the attack in the streets being shown on national TV. (Good thing I was not there)
That being said we need to be very careful to hate the people responsible and not a race or culture. Is McVeigh representative of all right wing country folk?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

But when that culture does preach hatred of non-muslims what are we to think? Despite what people claim about the Q'uran (sp?) there is that little thing called Sharia which I can only describe as barbaric at best.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I think we need to be careful about who these "bastards" are. in September 01 I lived across from the the towers, saw the second plane hit and had gathered my family and was in the car heading out of town before the first tower fell and the roads were closed down.
We had armed soldiers for months on the streets but still i was pissed that we did not have any tanks in front of the mosque where the first attack had been planned (for intimidation). To this day I am irrationally upset at the image of people in my hometown celebrating the attack in the streets being shown on national TV. (Good thing I was not there)
That being said we need to be very careful to hate the people responsible and not a race or culture. Is McVeigh representative of all right wing country folk?
That must of been a terrible sight, my condolences.

Now don't sell me short. I've read up on this, and realize that all Muslims are not the same. Pretty much forgot everything I've read, but I understand the principles...that's the main thing. I can always reeducate myself if necessary. Besides, my memory isn't what it used to be...too many concussions, too many near heat strokes, too many frosty tops. Least the frosty tops were fun, most of the time.

Whenever I worked at the joint, and I got crossways with a black, I never used the "N" word. Used plenty of other vile terms, but not the "N". Like I told people, "I don't want the SOB to think I hate him because of his race, I want the SOB to know that I hate him because of who he is."

To tell the truth, I got along better with the blacks than I did with the white punks and the Aryan Brotherhood.

Chas
Old 07-17-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I used to do quite a bit of Quail and Pheasant hunting in McVeighs home town. You would never think of anyone that crazy coming from that little town.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
"I don't want the SOB to think I hate him because of his race, I want the SOB to know that I hate him because of who he is."
That is a wisdom.

Good job.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I used to do quite a bit of Quail and Pheasant hunting in McVeighs home town. You would never think of anyone that crazy coming from that little town.

Many in his home town STILL believe he acted as part of a group.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=painter;2739]Many in his home town STILL believe he acted as part of a group.[/QUOTE

Thank you Painter, perhaps I'm just a crank, but there is more going on here than meets the eye.

Reckon I'm just pluggin my own thread on Jayna Davis, but honestly, I see more than wants to be discussed.

Is there a fear out there that you might learn something you don't want to know?

Take a chance, you critters, what's you gonna lose,

Chas