Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Quit a few of my extended family move to AZ
It's nice out here if you can stay out of Phoenix.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

The laughable part of the whole affair is that 90% of the companies involved are American, even the Koch Bros are involved. Petro Canada has a tiny slice of it. If the piprline does not come here it will go over the mountains to Vancouver and eventually China by tanker.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The laughable part of the whole affair is that 90% of the companies involved are American, even the Koch Bros are involved. Petro Canada has a tiny slice of it. If the piprline does not come here it will go over the mountains to Vancouver and eventually China by tanker.
There is a reasons the deposits never were developed before now. Cost and need. We have used up all the easy deposits, so now these are being sought out. Any foolish enough to think the crude is intended for US consumption will never think or consider otherwise.

The game is over, greed selfishness wanting an easy fix and with the propaganda from the industry we humans are racing to extinction. Taking the whole planet along on this fossil fueled clown car ride!

Barney
Old 04-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
There is a reasons the deposits never were developed before now. Cost and need. We have used up all the easy deposits, so now these are being sought out. Any foolish enough to think the crude is intended for US consumption will never think or consider otherwise.

The game is over, greed selfishness wanting an easy fix and with the propaganda from the industry we humans are racing to extinction. Taking the whole planet along on this fossil fueled clown car ride!

Barney
AGreed Barney but do you honestly believe we are going to do a damn thing about it? No it is much to dificult to change the way people think, or rather don't think.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You did note that there is ongoing litigation in Nebraska right? Sounds like you've changed your mind on the primacy of states rights v. Federal.

Could it be the Republican quiver is looking threadbare and empty for the upcoming mid terms?
Read what I wrote please:

"If the administration makes its decision it would either put pressure on the state to expedite its legal battle if the decision it pro, or help the state avoid the expense of a legal tussle if the decision is con."

In other words, if the decision its no, then no legal battle in Nebraska is required. The pipeline ain't coming in.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
While I generally agree with building the pipeline, the Nebraska governor did exceed his authority, like it or not.
I don't know enough about Nebraska law to comment on that one way or another.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I don't know enough about Nebraska law to comment on that one way or another.
In essence, he made a decision that was the responsibility of the State Planning Commission. The court said he overstepped his bounds and voided his decision.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Admin

Quote:
There is little environmental impact:

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...al-impact?lite

But setting that aside for the moment, its time for the prevaricator in chief to grow a set and make a decision, pro or con. There's no good reason not to. If the administration makes its decision it would either put pressure on the state to expedite its legal battle if the decision it pro, or help the state avoid the expense of a legal tussle if the decision is con. But the Prez had dragged this one out long enough to make it laughable.
Quote:
Read what I wrote please:

"If the administration makes its decision it would either put pressure on the state to expedite its legal battle if the decision it pro, or help the state avoid the expense of a legal tussle if the decision is con."

In other words, if the decision its no, then no legal battle in Nebraska is required. The pipeline ain't coming in.
Oh, I read what you wrote. I'm still of the opinion that your party is only interested in a desperate search for any millstone they can find to attempt to gain them leverage in the upcoming midterms, particularly in light of the better than expected enrollment in the ACA.

Must suck to be a Repug considering the changing demographics in this country.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Delay delay but unless society goes renewable the resources will be used.

Barney
And the oil companies will have none of that....