Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Changing the culture is a multi-year, maybe multi-generational slog. How do we keep our kids safe at school against a shooter that might show up tomorrow?

Yes.... it will take time. If we had started with Columbine, just think how far we could have gotten by now.
No solution will happen over night.

By the way, I heard something that put the time passed since columbine into perspective.... the students in Florida were not even born when columbine happened.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 AM

New poll. America to Congress and Donny: You need to do more, much more. Stop letting the NRA prevent the necessary stricter laws from being passed, including preventing access to those with mental health issues, and far more restrictive gun sale laws. Outlawing big money in campaigns would fix a LOT of our problems.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/page/...elease_513.xml
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Yes.... it will take time. If we had started with Columbine, just think how far we could have gotten by now.
No solution will happen over night.

By the way, I heard something that put the time passed since columbine into perspective.... the students in Florida were not even born when columbine happened.
Whell is just deflecting to cover for the GOP selling their soul to the NRA. Somehow he thinks his nihilistic drivel is helping the GOP wash the blood from their hands.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:34 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

It's been going on for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...States_by_year
Old 02-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Admin

Quote:
Of course it's "loaded", and slanted, and biased to present it that way which is exactly what a number of "news outlets" did, and it proves my point. Hard to have a serious discussion much less come up with potential realistic solutions when demagoguery and hyperbole are the order of the day. Same type of shit the Russians are accused of doing and we called that take news.
You need to read a bit farther than The Daily Caller, bucko.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
It's been going on for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...States_by_year
Indeed it has, but we are more informed, and the perpetrators are better armed.
Gun custodianship would make more sense as being regarded as a privilege of responsibility, rather than a right for all and sundry to be taken lightly.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:53 PM

Organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) are keeping the name of a top National Rifle Association (NRA) executive off its official schedule amid criticism of the group after the death of 17 people in a school shooting in Florida.

CPAC omitted the name of the NRA and its CEO and executive vice president, Wayne LaPierre, from its schedule, released Monday, as a precaution, the Washington Examiner reports.

The NRA is a major sponsor of the annual event, hosted by the American Conservative Union. LaPierre has regularly appeared at the major conservative gathering over the years, where he has rebuffed calls for increased gun control.

LaPierre will still speak at this year's conference, but organizers are unsure if they will give advance notice of his speech ahead of time, according to the Examiner.

The NRA, the nation's top gun lobbying organization, is in the spotlight following the Florida shooting, where a 19-year-old used an assault rifle to massacre students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla. Critics say the NRA is standing in the way of gun control legislation that could prevent shootings.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...e-off-schedule

Old 02-20-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Whell is just deflecting to cover for the GOP selling their soul to the NRA. Somehow he thinks his nihilistic drivel is helping the GOP wash the blood from their hands.
So Finn thinks it's nihilistic drivel to suggest we need to find better ways to protect our kids now. Fascinating.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
So Finn thinks it's nihilistic drivel to suggest we need to find better ways to protect our kids now. Fascinating.
You're an idiot, Mike.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
You're an idiot, Mike.
He’s like Wile E. Coyote. Always dreaming up new schemes to “catch” the far smarter folks here, always failing miserably. But he never gives up. Isn’t that the definition of insanity?