Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Biden replaced?

Some rumblings from news sources today speculating that Biden might be removed from the ticket after his most recent gaffes. Three private meetings on the Prez's schedule today. The first is the Prez and Biden. Next meet is the Prez, Biden and Hillary Clinton. Then a private lunch just the Prez and Biden.

Could it be true? Is Hillary in the on deck circle?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Could be. It would shake up things. For years, I was not a Hillary fan. Her stint as SoS has changed that. She is far more effective than Powell or Rice. Not even in the same league actually (and I liked Powell and Rice, but neither could hold their own with Rumsfeld). She'd clean Ryan's clock without breaking a sweat, and amply demonstrate the deficit of foreign policy experience on the Romney/Ryan ticket.

That said, I don't really dislike Biden as much as many do. I find his ways somehow endearing. He's totally unscripted and unscriptable, a refreshing (if embarrassing) change to uber-scripted politicians like Romney. Is he Presidential material is Obama were to take a dirt nap? Not so much. Hillary? Easily.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM

Hillary on the ticket is indeed an interesting prospect.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Get real...last time a sitting President changed VPs (excepting Agnew) for re-election was FDR seventy years ago. Sorry Whelly you just are not going to get alot of Hillary time...until 2016..........
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Could be. It would shake up things. For years, I was not a Hillary fan. Her stint as SoS has changed that. She is far more effective than Powell or Rice. Not even in the same league actually (and I liked Powell and Rice, but neither could hold their own with Rumsfeld). She'd clean Ryan's clock without breaking a sweat, and amply demonstrate the deficit of foreign policy experience on the Romney/Ryan ticket.

That said, I don't really dislike Biden as much as many do. I find his ways somehow endearing. He's totally unscripted and unscriptable, a refreshing (if embarrassing) change to uber-scripted politicians like Romney. Is he Presidential material is Obama were to take a dirt nap? Not so much. Hillary? Easily.
I like Joe too. But, Hillary might be a better choice.

I don't think his words were really all that shocking. He was firing back at the "shackles" comments being spread all over the right wing media. But, in his usual fashion, he was clumsy in the delivery.

Dave
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 AM

It is just the GOP trying to deflect the news away from them,so what. Same with Ryan trying to bait Obama. Got a ton more crap coming too. It is like being in the 8th grade all over again with these playground tactics. And I am talking about both sides.

Carl
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 AM

Maybe trying to deflect interest away from this news story maybe even?
Quote:
While being vetted by Mitt Romney's campaign, GOP vice presidential hopeful Rep. Paul Ryan amended two years of his financial disclosure statements to add an income-producing trust worth between $1 million and $5 million that he had previously neglected to report.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rts/57078160/1

Carl
Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Get real...last time a sitting President changed VPs (excepting Agnew) for re-election was FDR seventy years ago. Sorry Whelly you just are not going to get alot of Hillary time...until 2016..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I like Joe too. But, Hillary might be a better choice.

I don't think his words were really all that shocking. He was firing back at the "shackles" comments being spread all over the right wing media. But, in his usual fashion, he was clumsy in the delivery.

Dave
Yup, yup & yup. I like Joe he's a slugger and sure he's been around the block but I would be very surprised if they were thinking of replacing old Jumpin' Joe.
I watched the so called gaffe and see it as ginned up and feigned outrage taken out of context parsing by the Romney camp. Actually Whell, I see it as just another desperation play from the Romneyites. Ryan just doesn't have the fire in the belly attitude that Biden has. He will walk all over Mr. Wonk in the debates and sweep the floor with him. He may not remember what state he is in at the moment but I think he will do very well in the upcoming veep debate.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Some rumblings from news sources today speculating that Biden might be removed from the ticket after his most recent gaffes. Three private meetings on the Prez's schedule today. The first is the Prez and Biden. Next meet is the Prez, Biden and Hillary Clinton. Then a private lunch just the Prez and Biden.

Could it be true? Is Hillary in the on deck circle?
Got links? (World Net Daily and News Max don't count.)

John
Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
It is just the GOP trying to deflect the news away from them,so what. Same with Ryan trying to bait Obama. Got a ton more crap coming too. It is like being in the 8th grade all over again with these playground tactics. And I am talking about both sides.

Carl
Everything happening in the world is not attributable to the GOP, Carl.

Also, here's Axelrod declining to rule out the possibility:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ad_650073.html