Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Good for him. Because that's EXACTLY what it is. Going back to......Oh, the "Welfare Queen" days. Racial resentment, plain & simple, has been the modus operundi.

That's what I believe to be true....I don't give a damn what you think.

Dave
Hence the allegation that Obama is eliminating the work requirement for welfare recipients. Never in my life seen such a blatant attempt at red-meat race-baiting.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Area Man

It's not just Obama. The Republicans have been trying to "niggerize" the entire Democratic Party since, at the very least, 1964.

Dave
Old 08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
Hence the allegation that Obama is eliminating the work requirement for welfare recipients. Never in my life seen such a blatant attempt at red-meat race-baiting.
What's even more amazing is that all Obama is doing is exactly what Romney and 28 other GOP had petitioned the government to do. What an @sshole.

"The Romney campaign’s claim is based on a memorandum from the Department of Health and Human Services that does afford states the opportunity to seek waivers from federal welfare requirements.

But HHS said it would grant waivers only to states committed to “testing approaches that build on existing evidence on successful strategies for improving employment outcomes.”

Requests for such waivers have come primarily from Republican governors.

“The president recently gave states more tools they need to help move people from welfare to work as quickly as possible,” Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said on a conference call with reporters. “Contrary to what Romney is alleging, President Obama’s actions have strengthened, not weakened, the welfare system’s ability to move people from assistance to employment.”

The Obama administration created the waiver option in response to governors’ contentions that they could produce better results unbound by inflexible federal welfare rules.

The letter Romney signed seven years ago, along with 28 other members of the Republican Governors Association, made a similar argument.

“Romney is falsely criticizing a policy he once supported that empowers states to implement welfare reform,” Obama policy director James Kvaal said."

http://www.boston.com/politicalintel...q7M/story.html
Old 08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

Let me get this straight. Obama is being criticized by the right for putting more authority into the hands of state governments.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM

Anything posted in this thread under my name is the opinion of a conservative relative that hacked both this account and my AK account. Ignore any post made last night.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Admin

Freakin' Borg drones. You can tell 'em anything and all they do is comply. Rugged individualism? Riiiiiight...The IQ possessed by the Grand Old Party has been in freefall since right after Eisenhower is how it appears to me. (Not that I remember Ike) but I sure do remember Tricky Dick and his genius group of plumbers. Don't even have room here or the inclination to start on St. Ronnie's union busting, savings and loan rip off crew. If only someone would have pushed Humpty Dumpty off the Berlin Wall back when he came up with that craptascular, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

I seem to recall Grace Slick having some choice words for Ronnie Raygun at the time. Something like, that plageristic son of a bitch forgot the last word in that line from Volunteers. That's my recollection and I'm sticking to it.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat View Post
Anything posted in this thread under my name is the opinion of a conservative relative that hacked both this account and my AK account. Ignore any post made last night.
Whoa Ben. Sorry to hear that. I thought those were out of character for you. I hope you got it cleared up.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Whoa Ben. Sorry to hear that. I thought those were out of character for you. I hope you got it cleared up.
Yep, I changed my password! :yes:

Ben aka MacKat
Old 08-20-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKat View Post
Yep, I changed my password! :yes:

Ben aka MacKat
I'd beat some ass.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beej View Post
Well, there was the Willy Horton ad and Reagan's Philadelphia, MS "states' rights" speech to kick off his 1980 campaign. Awful as it is, it really isn't anything new for the GOPers.

John