Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Thanks for the welcome and I probably should have opened a Intro post.

I feel everyone should aspire to be the other guy. Not try and take what others have done and make it theirs thats stealing.

No different if I took from someone there only dollar. Is that right? I might only have 50 cents.

You have to fix the economy and the way western banking system is done.
The Federal Reserve, The Government, The fractional Reserve Banking all need to change.

"Is there any way that average joe can get a livable
wage even in an highly skewed income society"

Yes start looking at what the right hand is doing all the while there telling you to look at the left. Stop being lead around by parties and there midia mouths for votes.
While that sounds great you didn't answer the question. Wages have been stagnat for 30 years...how do we get a better wage? How do I, as a worker, get the share holders and the ceo to raise my wage to reflect the 30 years where it's not risen (all the while the ceo and stock holders are gaining higher "wages")?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

Well in reading the story I say Bull Shit.

For one thing look at where the story originated.
http://pages.wustl.edu/files/pages/i...equ_130113.pdf

Also look at the graft on page 7, Look at 1971 were this graft starts to elivate and ask yourself What happened in 1971. Come on I'll give you a clue, it has to do with our currency changing.

Also other than me taking stories in MSM as fact I like to look where the story came from, who is the writer and so forth.

Lets look at Barry Z. Cynamon. and the top of the search leads to the Federal Reserve.
But look for yourself
https://www.google.com/search?q=Barr...m=119&ie=UTF-8

Now for Steven M. Fazzari a college professor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Stev...m=119&ie=UTF-8

Steve Fazzari’s research explores two main areas: the link between macroeconomic activity and finance, particularly the financial determinants of investment spending, and the foundations of Keynesian macroeconomics. His perspectives on the causes and consequences of the Great Recession, financial instability, deficit reduction, and capital gains taxation has been highlighted in the national and international press.

Yep Keynesian economist both of them which is the problem of the US economy now.

But I'm sure we are getting straight facts from the Fed and a college professor. Who side with Keynesian economics.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Resident octogenarian

Fine sonny you say bull shit, I say prove it. The economy is stagnant, salaries (exceopt for the favoured few) are stagnant. Government as a per capita number says we have fewer civil servants per capita than we had in 1980. Americans are taxed less than citizens of other industrialize countries - mind you thanks to our dumbass system of government they also get less for their money. I am sure that Paul Ryan, Alkan Greenspan and the rest of the blind followers of that slut Ayn Rand will agree with you, but only because they have not had an original thought sind 1955.

Have a nice day and welocome to this nut house, but you are going to have to be firing something other than blanks to survive.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
While that sounds great you didn't answer the question. Wages have been stagnat for 30 years...how do we get a better wage? How do I, as a worker, get the share holders and the ceo to raise my wage to reflect the 30 years where it's not risen (all the while the ceo and stock holders are gaining higher "wages")?
You must have not read what you just quoted maybe?

I can't say why your salary has not increased in 30 years. Mine went up a lot in that time. But if you read some of my post in this thread you will start to grasp it. Now even though one might bring home more dollars they don't carry the value they once did.

This is why your wages seem stagnant.
When your government manipulates the rate of inflation to false figures.
When your government changes the way it calculates inflation is Manipulation.
When your government manipulates interest rates
When your government prints bonds out of thin air to sell to the Federal Reserve
When the Federal Reserve prints Fiat Currency out of thin air to buy the bonds printed from thin air.
When your government is actively manipulating the the metals market to hide the lost value of the USD.

Most wage increases are based on inflation rates. And truth be told you wages are not staying stagnant they are going backwards.

A man's labor in the 50s & 60s was able to raise a family of 4 + wife, buy a house,car medical.

And once again I ask what happened in the 70s????????? lol

Last edited by 4-2-7; 01-25-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
You must have not read what you just quoted maybe?

I can't say why your salary has not increased in 30 years. Mine went up a lot in that time. But if you read some of my post in this thread you will start to grasp it. How even though one might bring home more dollars they don't carry the value they once did.

This is why your wages seem stagnant.
When your government manipulates the rate of inflation to false figures.
When your government changes the way it calculates inflation is Manipulation.
When your government manipulates interest rates
When your government pints bonds out of thin air to sell to the Federal Reserve
When the Federal Reserve prints Fiat Currency out of thin air to buy the bonds printed from thin air.
When your government is actively manipulating the the metals market to hide the lost value of the USD.

Most wage increases are based on inflation rates. And truth be told you wages are not staying stagnant they are going backwards.

A man's labor in the 50s & 60s was able to raise a family of 4 + wife, buy a house,car medical.

Yes, I agree, it is actually on the decline.

I read what you wrote but I don't think you comprehend what I asked. It's more an employer questiont than a gov't question. How do we compel the greedy to share? I'm sure you don't want the gov't involved and I'm all for that. So, how do we accomplish it? If we remove all taxes do you believe they will honestly give more of their earnings to the folks that actually earn it for them? History shows us they will not so.......
Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:

I started a thread on this a month ago:

http://politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=6616
Old 01-25-2014, 06:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Fine sonny you say bull shit, I say prove it. The economy is stagnant, salaries (exceopt for the favoured few) are stagnant. Government as a per capita number says we have fewer civil servants per capita than we had in 1980. Americans are taxed less than citizens of other industrialize countries - mind you thanks to our dumbass system of government they also get less for their money. I am sure that Paul Ryan, Alkan Greenspan and the rest of the blind followers of that slut Ayn Rand will agree with you, but only because they have not had an original thought sind 1955.

Have a nice day and welocome to this nut house, but you are going to have to be firing something other than blanks to survive.
What blanks? I'm putting you right on the reason our economy is suffering.
Federal Reserve, Fiat Currency,Fractional Reserve Banking. This is the reason and it's been a slow trickle since we went off the Gold Standard.

When was that you say? !971, that the point of high inflation and got bad in the early 80s. So Our government started to manipulate the markets and running credit sky high selling bonds oversees. The American public did the same thing going from cash to credit cards just to survive oh and a couple extra cars. That made everything look hunky dory for a while. Well nothing has been fix we are lead to believe inflation is in check. It's not we exported it to other countries.

Did you know that the $100. bill is our largest export?
Did you know 20 years ago the largest quantity of banknotes needing to be printed were $1. dollar bills? Today it's $100. bills.

What do you think will happen when we lose the standing as World Reserve Currency? I'll help you a bit. well all that printing we have been exporting will be coming back to our shores. You think you have inequality now just wait for this. People will wake up in the morning broke, their dollar worth a penny if that. A severe dilution of the currency supply. Do you want FACTS look up survivability of fiat currencies.I think it's only a couple that have made it past 40 years the USD & Pound. Look to history for the truth.

If you're old enough to know how bad WWII was that will look like a cakewalk.

So just my suggestion, instead of worrying about what others have earned in there life. Following the lead from political entities that are deceiving you and created the problem. Figure out a way to help the young that you love put something away for them that will have value.

Because you and me and the currency we use and lead to believe is "Money" Well we will be dust soon along with the USD.

Hey thanks for the wellcome! I also didn't mean your thread was BS just the story and it's origins.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Did you know 20 years ago the largest quantity of banknotes needing to be printed were $1. dollar bills? Today it's $100. bills.
Why would anyone carry 50's or 100's?

Everytime I try to spend one they hold it up to the light and then pull out a magic marker and draw a line on it and then lift up the cash drawer and put the bill under it.

They make you feel like you're some kind of criminal, so I have to go around with a wallet stuffed with $20's to the point where it will hardly shut because I'll be damned if I'm going to put every fucken thing I buy on plastic.

http://youareagrownman.com/2010/08/23/carry-cash/

Quote:
The more I write this blog, the more I realize my grandfather may be the coolest Grown Man I’ve ever known. And, even though he has an aversion to wearing a tie, eating any form of bean, and The Pope (I don’t share his disdain), he is typically my go-to Draper-in-residence (without all the skirt chasing and domestic violence). So today, I’m thinking about my grandfather as I begin to talk about Grown Men carrying cash. Why? Because that old dude typically has a wad of cash in his sweat pants pocket that would make even the most seasoned of Chamillionaire jealous. For real, I’m pretty certain that he’s been to K-Mart a number of times with a grand in small bills — not kidding at all.

So, why should you carry cash? Because, like the Boy Scouts say, you’ve got to be prepared. Young men reading this blog, imagine the following scenario: You’re on a date with a lovely lass when she spots one of those awesome Catholic (sorry Tilt-A-Whirl Of Lovegrandpa) church carnivals in the distance. Without warning, your plans for a movie and some making-out have been thwarted and your evening will now look more like funnel cakes and Ferris wheels. Bummer. However, she wants to go and you quickly realize that you might be able to get some of that sweet kissin’ action on the Tilt-A-Whirl, so you concede. But wait, you’ve hit a snag, the movie theater is more than willing to accept credit cards for purchase, but the carnival is doing some serious IRS dodging and will only accept cash or cigarettes for rides. Oh the embarrassment! Oh the Tilt-A-Whirl!

Our society has become completely plastic (no offense to Joan Rivers) and we no longer require cash for a majority of our transactions. I believe this shift came in 2004 when our greatest national export began accepting credit at all 1.8 quad-trillion golden arch locations. Yep, that’s the year that McDonald’s got sick and tired of subjecting their 14-year-old register kids to men fumbling around in their wallets and holding up the line while begging money off their friends. Until that time, we knew that even the most basic of American needs (Big Macs and those awesome apple pies) would necessitate even a dollar-menu’s worth of green. But when they jumped ship, so did the fat country. Now, we’re stuck at the carnival with a pissed off girlfriend and an ATM walk of shame.

Gentlemen, you’ve got to be ready for whatever comes your way. From carrying a pocket knife to having at least $30 in your wallet at all times, there are just some necessities for navigating this concrete world. Back in the day, and I mean really back in the day, a man wouldn’t have left his cabin without a gun, some water (whisky), and a hat. He knew that with these three things he could eat, sleep, be safe, and look tough as hell. It’s time for us to reclaim that duty as men and make sure that we’re always well equipped with the bare minimum.

But Grown Man, what if I get robbed? If they steal my wallet and I don’t have cash, all I have to do is cancel credit cards!

I love the “getting robbed” excuse for being ill prepared. Because truthfully, most people don’t get pick-pocketed. If you live in Compton or something, maybe you should consider not carrying a grandfather-wad of money. But most of you live in Generic City, USA and carry a $250 mini-computer in your pocket without giving it a second thought. Are you really that nervous about not carrying anything valuable? I don’t think so. Additionally, $32 bones given to some armed bandit isn’t going to break the bank — hopefully. If it is, you’ve got bigger fish to fry and should probably consider becoming an armed bandit yourself.

That’s all for today, go to the ATM on your lunch break and enjoy the Tilt-A-Whirl.
You’re a Grown Man, carry cash.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-25-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Admin

Where's the bug spray? I smell a John Bircher...
Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Did you know that the $100. bill is our largest export?
BS. Maybe you should watch the MSM a bit more to counteract the propaganda you seem to wallow in.

5.1 How much paper currency does the Treasury Department print every day? Where is it printed?

The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) headquarters is located in Washington, DC. The BEP is responsible for designing and printing our paper currency. There is also a satellite production facility located in Fort Worth, Texas, which began operations in January 1991. The BEP produced approximately 37 million currency notes each day with a face value of about $696 million, and 45 percent of these notes are the $1 denomination. About 95 percent of the currency notes printed each year are used to replace notes that are already in circulation.

http://papermoneyguide.com/faq.htm#51