Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
There are appropriate and inappropriate uses for guns, just as there are appropriate and inappropriate ways of obtaining them.

The law enforcement officer who performed so heroically at Ft. Hood is an example of both appropriate use and appropriate provenance. As a duly sworn officer of the law, she obtained her weapon legitimately and used it to protect the public welfare. Oswald, on the other hand, obtained his rifle in the most casual of ways and used it in the most heinous.

John
you are correct, sad thing is that it is so easy to legally get a gun for use in malice.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 PM

This thread may have new relevance

Discovery Channel is going to reveal new information about the assassination of JFK this Sunday. From what little I've been hearing it ought to be pretty interesting.

John
Old 11-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Discovery Channel
The Discovery Channel has turned away from a fact based shows in favor of higher rating shows on ghosts and crap. My guess is the is another UFO approach show. Hope not but I think this is one subject that has long been put to bed with facts and science.

It seems that all networks that start out as hard science wind up with dopey shows after a few years.

Cash cab, dirty jobs, Ghost Lab, American Loggers..........
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
The Discovery Channel has turned away from a fact based shows in favor of higher rating shows on ghosts and crap. My guess is the is another UFO approach show. Hope not but I think this is one subject that has long been put to bed with facts and science.

It seems that all networks that start out as hard science wind up with dopey shows after a few years.

Cash cab, dirty jobs, Ghost Lab, American Loggers..........
Discovery Channel is a far cry from the great channel it was when it came on the air back in the '80s. That's for sure but they do have some really good programming from time to time like the Planet Earth series. I'm hoping this Kennedy show will be one of the good ones. We'll see.

John
Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Discovery Channel is a far cry from the great channel it was when it came on the air back in the '80s. That's for sure but they do have some really good programming from time to time like the Planet Earth series. I'm hoping this Kennedy show will be one of the good ones. We'll see.

John
thank goodness we have the science channel now
Old 11-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Area Man

Quote:

John
I cannot wait. I'll be in front of the telly, with beer and popcorn, poised for action!

Dave