Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I remember back in I think 2nd grade, the teacher giving us a lesson on Washington, talking about how in one battle he had 2 horses shot out from under him and 4-5 bullet holes in his jacket, saying 'It proves that God had a plan for the US.' or similar.

She really, really meant it too. I thank God I caught the tail end of the old ways. I also caught the old ways on the tail end occasionally

Pete
Your mixing up Washington with Nathan Bedford Forrest. It was second grade so no eraser cleanin' for you.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hey I aints no forester

Looking around I see it was Washington, but with the British regulars at the Battle of Monongahela.

Pete
Old 04-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Admin

Dag nab it, I'm gonna have to tear up my little red book. I can't even spread misinformation any more. Papa Joe would have me shot...that'ld make that mezz-o soprano happy.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Admin

Here's an interesting card carrying member in my neck of the woods.Tats and all.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/t...rosecutor.html
Old 07-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Admin

"The American Civil Liberties Union more than quadrupled its number of paying members, from 400,000 to 1.84 million, in the 15 months after Donald Trump was elected president, according to a report in The New York Times.

Donations to the nonprofit group have also skyrocketed. According to the ACLU’s executive director, Anthony Romero, the organization has raised nearly $120 million since the 2016 presidential election. Online donations in previous years had totaled just $3 million to $5 million annually.

“Until Trump most of our support came from people who have been with us since we challenged Nixon,” Romero told the Times. “Now we’re kind of cool. Cool’s not a word generally associated with us.”

The ACLU has been on the front lines of more than a hundred legal actions against Trump administration policies, including the White House’s series of travel bans on the citizens of several Muslim-majority nations. The group has also challenged the Justice Department’s family separation policies, Trump’s voter fraud commission and the president’s reversal of an Obama-era contraception mandate.

All told, the group has taken 170 “Trump-related legal actions” since he took office, including 83 lawsuits, according to the Times." HP

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...827cbd69b8?aym

One from the vaults...