Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:35 AM

Why then is the USA doing everything in it's power (diplomatically) to keep Israel from destroying Iran's nuclear facilities. The window for them to take decisive action is slowly closing. I would think that we would at least be supplying arms, and jets if needed. I don't get it at all, as we supposedly don't want a nuclear armed Iran either. Could someone splain this to me?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I would lay odds that there's going to be a mushroom cloud somewhere in the not too distant future. And as bad as that would be, there are so many low tech ways to disrupt society, blow a couple of bridges, a few transmission lines, and a sizeable portion of society will be living in the stone age inside of their McMansions.

And no doubt there are people lying awake at nights dreaming up ways to do this.

Chas
Oh, yeah. Ever read the book, "Warday" by Whitley Strieber & James Kunetka ? It will CHILL YOUR SHITE...It's about a "limited" nuke exchange, the most damage came really from something called EMP damage, which basically "Shazbats" virtually all electronic circuits...Plus the stuff that's used to fix all of 'em, & the stuff that's used to fix THAT, & so on. The book was set in 1993, overnite we went from '93 to about 1950. Most planes & cars wouldn't work, because of electronic ignitions, & all the embedded computers, & of course, all the computers & electronic controls in modern jets.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Why then is the USA doing everything in it's power (diplomatically) to keep Israel from destroying Iran's nuclear facilities. The window for them to take decisive action is slowly closing. I would think that we would at least be supplying arms, and jets if needed. I don't get it at all, as we supposedly don't want a nuclear armed Iran either. Could someone splain this to me?
Well, it wasn't that long ago that Israel left a big hole in the ground over in Syria. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if a B2 left a big hole in the ground over in Syria, and Israel took credit for it.

I still think that the Iraq War was all about containing Iran and putting pressure on the Saudis, and had nothing to do with removing Saddam.

Chas
Old 07-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Oh, yeah. Ever read the book, "Warday" by Whitley Strieber & James Kunetka ? It will CHILL YOUR SHITE...It's about a "limited" nuke exchange, the most damage came really from something called EMP damage, which basically "Shazbats" virtually all electronic circuits...Plus the stuff that's used to fix all of 'em, & the stuff that's used to fix THAT, & so on. The book was set in 1993, overnite we went from '93 to about 1950. Most planes & cars wouldn't work, because of electronic ignitions, & all the embedded computers, & of course, all the computers & electronic controls in modern jets.
Haven't read the book, but I know what you're talking about.

Better hang on to them vacuum tubes, fellers, might just need 'em.

Chas
Old 07-26-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
had nothing to do with removing Saddam.

Chas
Well, you have to admit, it was a nice bonus seeing him get his neck stretched.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Sometimes, good things happen to bad people.

Chas
Old 07-27-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Was it? For all it's faults Iraq was a secular country that as long as politics and protest didn't go beyond a certain point, allowed the population to pretty much do is it liked; women wearing fashionable clothes and driving cars etc.

Compare that to now; far from being a barrier between Iran and the rest of the world it looks like it's becoming part of it, at least as far as religion goes. We went in there all guns blazing, destroyed the infrastructure, disbanded the police and the entire military, then expected some kind of cloned Western democracy to grow from the ruins. What the hell were we playing at?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post
Was it? For all it's faults Iraq was a secular country that as long as politics and protest didn't go beyond a certain point, allowed the population to pretty much do is it liked; women wearing fashionable clothes and driving cars etc.

Compare that to now; far from being a barrier between Iran and the rest of the world it looks like it's becoming part of it, at least as far as religion goes. We went in there all guns blazing, destroyed the infrastructure, disbanded the police and the entire military, then expected some kind of cloned Western democracy to grow from the ruins. What the hell were we playing at?
Rather interesting how people forget their own history. The democratic republic that is (or was) the USA was not imposed from without, it was seized from within. You cannot "give" people democracy, they must take it for themselves.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combwork View Post

QFT, good post.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakiri View Post
But before I do, I need at least half a dozen people to chime in with their answers to this simple question:

How's your local weather been this summer?
My weather has been rain, followed by showers, with scattered thunderstorms, followed by flash flooding, followed by brief periods of sun.