Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I don't think you're an arrogant American Ass. But I do wonder if you really mean this. I mean with the shoe on the other foot, would you want Americans treated this way? And if we don't want others to do it, aren't we charged with the responsability of doing it right?

You know, we *do* have spys. If one were caught in Iran (I'm not talking about those kids they're holding- that's bull- but an actual American spy) would you be outraged if they were shot in the head with no trial?
If Americans were to commit such an act as these men, I would have no qualms with them being treated however that nation felt just in doing. These men are not criminals, they are rogues, who commited an act of war and whether it was with the blessing of their home nation (I don't think you could get them to say that publicly) or not they should be treated as such.

I think our first step should be to have the nation or nations they claim to be a citizen of confirm their citizenship. I see the potential for alleviating the burden of allowing them protections of Art III Sec II as the framers certainly did not have anything like this in mind when it was written. Further I think our constitution should be ammended to correct this problem with rogues, as they should be treated like "Pirates", something we can relate to recently.

As this was a coordinated attack carried out in 2 states and DC simultaneously, I beleave Congress has the authority to determine venue, for those that may have forgotten PA and the Pentagon.

Spying is an act violating the soveirnty of a nation, and as above deserves no quarter. Stating that everyone does it does not make it a different crime. No I would not be outraged, the risk is inherent with the action.

For those of you who feel differently and think these creatures deserve the rights of due process, and that will make you the better human, enjoy the show. You may want to check your back during the intermissions!!