Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Lot's of Answers ,No Solutions

Ok this is my first thread on PC.PLease excuse my limited uese of proper gramme and basic witting skills,I will do my best.
ok welli have a problem with the way we as people or human beings have become so stupid. I mean look at all the things going on around us and alkl we seem to care about is how we look and what we are in our status of life.

our government is none existent in taking care of what they should be.and more concerned about proving their point.and this is true on both sides.the structure of the United States can crumble at any moment.moral values are slowly dissolving.our spiritual leaders are more concerned about getting wealth and power than guiding the people into a better life.what i have said so far is just generalizing.but you know what i am meaning.

i am not the most eloquent speaker sometimes and most of what i say is often misunderstood it is problem i have so listen to what i say and try to understand it before you judge me.i claim no affiliation to any political party because i feel, what is the use .neither we cares about its constituents.it is all just spin and popularizing to look good in the public.

our social network has become a mess of tweeting and face booking we put ourselves out in the world probably more than we should.we are being marketed by whatever powers want us to manipulate us into being what society has come to dictate.our lifestyles are dictated whether we like it or not.and we are getting to the point were we really have no control over it.

yes politics and religion do need to be mixed ,because they both have a important role in our existence.there are a lot of people like me that are just sitting waiting for the sh_ _ to hit the fan and it probably will,when who knows.i want to start this thread so that others can post their observations,i will add more things i see and yes some of my views may change due to someone pointing something out i did not know or just by waking up and having a different outlook.

yes i will be the first to admit i am ignorant of a lot of things and not really well read in the worlds climate,for one i think the news media in general is a joke and mostly staged for manipulation purposes.so i kinda go around relying on my intuition and knowledge of what i have learned so far.

i will stop here for now and give some others to state their take on what i have said.but i will have more to add later as the feeling hit's me.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM

"whats done in the dark comes out in the light" it is really not hard to figure out a solution.but a lot of us have a hard time letting go of our life's as we have grown accustomed to.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Seems to me that you communicate your thoughts just fine. I agree with pretty much of all you have said in the first post.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:45 AM

I look at it this way, the fattening up and dumbing down of our society. In a country, maybe the only one that guaranties "The Pursuit of Happiness" along with "Life and Liberty" what do you expect to happen?

My meaning is it takes sacrifices sometimes to accomplish great things.

Barney
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

One I have yet to meet anyone who could keep ther beliefs out of their politics or any other aspect of their lives. What we do not need is the establishment of a State religion. I pretty much go along with Paul's letter to the people Corinth (I Corintians 13) only with the correct translation of the Greek word 'agape' as love of the highest form not charity.

Much of what you see about you is caused by people's self-loathing, we were commanded to love our neigbours as ourselves. Well if you don't truthfully love yourself how can you possibly love your neighbour or anyone else for that matter, I don't mean blind love as that is infatuation, not love. You can be aware of your faults and still love yourself. None of us are perfect but we mostly try to correct our faults and re-inforce our virtues
Old 11-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
One I have yet to meet anyone who could keep ther beliefs out of their politics or any other aspect of their lives. What we do not need is the establishment of a State religion. I pretty much go along with Paul's letter to the people Corinth (I Corintians 13) only with the correct translation of the Greek word 'agape' as love of the highest form not charity.

Much of what you see about you is caused by people's self-loathing, we were commanded to love our neigbours as ourselves. Well if you don't truthfully love yourself how can you possibly love your neighbour or anyone else for that matter, I don't mean blind love as that is infatuation, not love. You can be aware of your faults and still love yourself. None of us are perfect but we mostly try to correct our faults and re-inforce our virtues
yes this I agree and if love is switched for caring that would work too.maybe the stage is being set for prophecy to play out
Old 11-12-2013, 10:06 AM

i think inadvertently a leader will come from all of this.and fulfill some of the bible.but as far as separation of church and state i think that will come to were one cannot survive without the other in the climate we live in now.i personally cannot see it.so i do keep my religion personal to my family and if needed and called upon i do minister to someone in need of spiritual help.but organized religion in my opinion is becoming more and more self serving to that particular church.

and i am 100% sure this is not what God intended for his word to become.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:14 AM

we have become great thinkers in our modern ways but it seems we keep going round and round as to what needs to be done.surely out of billions of people no one has a solution to the search for mans place on earth other than being rich and having power.i admit when i was doing well for myself and my family i did not have such thoughts.but now i do.that is one of the problems i see in our chosen leaders and people of power and wealth.they are not going to relinquish.the reigns.so all can have.and i really cannot blame them that is how we are hard wired from birth.to achieve to our highest station in life.

and it has become more material and less spiritual.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

You touch on the matter of a poem I recently wrote:

Quote:
Love

Samaritans are out of favor,
Their speech unwelcome to the ear,
As friends they suffer from unsavor,
Reputed strangeness gives to fear.
So scorn and mock, for they offend us,
We must attack and so defend us,
But still preserve propriety
With social anonymity.

Still now I feel lone and dishearted,
As if I tramp on desert road,
With thirst, and wounds, and very old.
And folk passed by, but soon departed--
With care they did the law as such,
But “as yourself” called forth not much.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Ready

One1, your first post expresses anxiety, but in my 61 years I've noticed there are always people convinced we're going to hell, and just about there, but the catastrophe always seems to evade us. There are some bad trends now, and the climate is a worry, but I expect, all in all, that the human race will muddle through.

As Dan Rather said, "Courage!"