Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Admin

Mitt says he'll fire Big Bird!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...t-mitt-romney/

Just when you thought Mitt Romney couldn't get any colder...or more heartless?
Romney says he'll give the boot to PBS. He was speaking in regards to getting the budget under control. Being that PBS is a longtime target of the neocons, I'm not surprised. Another blunder? You betcha!

Ditching funding for this channel is the only way this jerk can kill the one last truly independent TV channel. Another good reason to vote for the President's re-election and against Romney. So, if you or your kids learned their ABCs via PBS's Muppets remember that it will be gone if R$R win. If you like any other great show like Antiques Roadshow, Euell Howser and so much more? That programming will be incinerated in the burn barrel of R$R's extreme political agenda. Count on it!

I guess Romney doesn't like the slogan "Be More!". He would rather make the world less of an interesting place for his friends. Burt, Ernie, The Cookie Monster and many, many others...they will all be fired. Great job Mitt. You jerk!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:17 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...t-mitt-romney/

Just when you thought Mitt Romney couldn't get any colder...or more heartless?
Romney says he'll give the boot to PBS. He was speaking in regards to getting the budget under control. Being that PBS is a longtime target of the neocons, I'm not surprised. Another blunder? You betcha!

Ditching funding for this channel is the only way this jerk can kill the one last truly independent TV channel. Another good reason to vote for the President's re-election and against Romney. So, if you or your kids learned their ABCs via PBS's Muppets remember that it will be gone if R$R win. If you like any other great show like Antiques Roadshow, Euell Howser and so much more? That programming will be incinerated in the burn barrel of R$R's extreme political agenda. Count on it!

I guess Romney doesn't like the slogan "Be More!". He would rather make the world less of an interesting place for his friends. Burt, Ernie, The Cookie Monster and many, many others...they will all be fired. Great job Mitt. You jerk!
What is stopping PBS from finding funding like the other commercial networks do?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
What is stopping PBS from finding funding like the other commercial networks do?
What's stopping Mitt for shutting his whiney puke hole and paying his fu**ing taxes?

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Admin

Quote:
Commercials?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Commercials?
I thought we, as a general rule, liked commercials. Ever pay any attention to what goes on surrounding the Super Bowl?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What's stopping Mitt for shutting his whiney puke hole and paying his fu**ing taxes?

Regards,
Dave
Please, one Harry Reid is enough.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Admin

Quote:
I thought we, as a general rule, liked commercials. Ever pay any attention to what goes on surrounding the Super Bowl?
Whut's a Superbowl?

The greatest invention of this century will be the DVR! I relish fast forwarding thru all of those pesky commercials. I am easily amused, I must admit...
The bigger question here is, why do you and Mitt hate Bert and Ernie?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

When he said that everyone laughed.

PBS is already half infomercials, generally about various musics of your lives and ethnic dancing, with some brain healthiness and fiscal help tossed in. A bargain at $100 a cd!

Pete
Old 10-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Their charter prevents it.

So, you don't see any value in having a source for news, learning and entertainment that isn't tied to corporate interests?

John
Old 10-05-2012, 08:40 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Their charter prevents it.

Fair enough. Start over.

So, you don't see any value in having a source for news, learning and entertainment that isn't tied to corporate interests?

John
Didn't say that. I just don't see why the Feds have to be involved. If PBS cannot raise enough money on their own from the private sector to operate it seems to me they have a problem. Taking money from everyone by force of law to satisfy a few doesn't work for me.